Non-sadistic Dentist In Bkk

girlx

Does anyone know a decent and not too expensive dentist in central Bangkok? I need to get my teeth cleaned and maybe a filling...

I once paid 60 baht at a local clinic for a basic cleaning and spent the whole time in miserable pain as they stabbed at my teeth and scraped my gums(!?!). How can a cleaning hurt? Then I spent a lot of time researching dentists looking for a better one,and found one that I went to, and it was horrifying! It was a clean professional place until it came to drilling my filling and they didn't bother to use any anaesthetic! No idea what they were thinking but I will never go back there. I also hate that cloth they put over your face in Thailand so if someone knows a dentist that doesn't do that let me know.

Dentists in the US don't bother me but I have had too many bad experiences in Thailand. The only benefit is they are cheaper. Suggestions appreciated.

Does anyone know a decent and not too expensive dentist in central Bangkok? I need to get my teeth cleaned and maybe a filling...

I once paid 60 baht at a local clinic for a basic cleaning and spent the whole time in miserable pain as they stabbed at my teeth and scraped my gums(!?!). How can a cleaning hurt? Then I spent a lot of time researching dentists looking for a better one,and found one that I went to, and it was horrifying! It was a clean professional place until it came to drilling my filling and they didn't bother to use any anaesthetic! No idea what they were thinking but I will never go back there. I also hate that cloth they put over your face in Thailand so if someone knows a dentist that doesn't do that let me know.

Dentists in the US don't bother me but I have had too many bad experiences in Thailand. The only benefit is they are cheaper. Suggestions appreciated.

Last year I went to a very good denist (not expensive) at a hospital on Rama 4 next to Lotus. While the wisdom tooth removal was surprising pain free, the teeth cleaning can be a bit more aggrivating, especially if you have coffee / tobacco stains.

The price was very good under the Thai health insurance. Something like 700 baht for the wisdom tooth and 300 baht for the cleaning.

I've never used the dental services at Bumrungrad....

But, as a veteran and active reader here, there have been some recent posts, and past ones as well, with other people complaining about relatively rough handling by the dentists at Bumrungrad -- more such comments than you might normally expect... Do a TV search, and you'll find the posts I'm referencing, including one just in the recent days.

I've seen a lot of good comments on TV about the Silom place... And, likewise, many people here on TV speak well of the Dental Hospital Bangkok on Sukhumvit Soi 49. Based on TV folks recommendation, I did go there for cleaning and to fix a broken tooth, and consider them excellent.

I too get uncomfortable when some dental places start jabbing at my teeth and gums with the metal picks... But the Dental Hospital folks were reasonably gentle, and do a lot of their cleaning with the ultra sonic water device, and thus limit the use of the metal pick devices...

There have been a lot of past threads here about the best dental offices in BKK... Many opinions offered.

PS - No cloth over the face for the patient at the Dental Hospital. But the nurses and dentists wear the usual masks and shields... typical protocol.

Edited by jfchandler

I've used BNH for dental work, reasonably expensive, but totally pain free (had a big filling and a couple of x-rays) - they do use the 'cloth over the face' thing, but i don't like it either and asked them not to use it. All in all providing your happy to spend 20% extra - BNH is a good option.

First of all. If your filling is nowhere near a nerve you don't need anesthethic.

Of course if you want "cheet ya" ask for it.

Second - Thai's have a massive phobia about saliva. If you don't want the towel over your face just tell them you don't want it.

Third. I like Smile Center - in a little strip mall beside BTS Prakhanong.

They have extremely good dentists.

I get cleaning from my periodontist. Was 500 baht for years. Then 600 last year & 800 now. Inflation is running crazy here.

First of all. If your filling is nowhere near a nerve you don't need anesthethic.

Of course if you want "cheet ya" ask for it.

Second - Thai's have a massive phobia about saliva. If you don't want the towel over your face just tell them you don't want it.

Third. I like Smile Center - in a little strip mall beside BTS Prakhanong.

They have extremely good dentists.

I get cleaning from my periodontist. Was 500 baht for years. Then 600 last year & 800 now. Inflation is running crazy here.

Smile less and visit the dentist less often.

google dr. hubert gomes in goa India..........he did 3 implants(german) 5 crowns ,one root canal,lasser whitening and a bone graft for $1500 total :o .His clinic and laboratory are all hi-teck german...........best dentist I've ever had...........tell him sean the canadian wrestler sent you

Ps.If you want tosave$$$.Fly to kalcuta($150 return) and take the train to margao,Goa($15 one way sleeper class 32 wonderful hrs)

Tantakit, around the corner from you on Petchaburi. Its across from Panthip.

They also have another office on New Petchaburi where they use a water or a sonic drill.

Went there for fillings, cleaning + xray. NO PAIN!!!!! and everything smelled of Jasmine. The most pleasant experience that I have ever had at a dentist.

Tantakit, around the corner from you on Petchaburi. Its across from Panthip.

They also have another office on New Petchaburi where they use a water or a sonic drill.

Went there for fillings, cleaning + xray. NO PAIN!!!!! and everything smelled of Jasmine. The most pleasant experience that I have ever had at a dentist.

Theres one @ All Seasons on wireless road also, the staff and dentists take very good care of you there.. :o

google dr. hubert gomes in goa India..........he did 3 implants(german) 5 crowns ,one root canal,lasser whitening and a bone graft for $1500 total :o .His clinic and laboratory are all hi-teck german...........best dentist I've ever had...........tell him sean the canadian wrestler sent you

Sounds like dr Nick Riviera.

I bet you were wishing you'd brushed more often after all of that! :D

a gay friend of mine uses a female dentist at BNH. he says she is so beautiful he would almost turn for her.

My god, I can see the queue from my apartment!

Seriously though, Girlx there is a dentist at JUSMAG on the corner of South Sathorn soi 1. Not sure how one would make an appointment, but I have heard he is very good (an American).

a gay friend of mine uses a female dentist at BNH. he says she is so beautiful he would almost turn for her.

My god, I can see the queue from my apartment!

Seriously though, Girlx there is a dentist at JUSMAG on the corner of South Sathorn soi 1. Not sure how one would make an appointment, but I have heard he is very good (an American).

Try Dentacare Clinic, if you are uncomfortable or feel any pain during treatment he gets you to just raise your hand to let him know. I have had quite a bit of work done with him and very pleased and not as expensive as my one and only consult at BNH. You could call and ask him first for approximate quote or email him. Dr Pattarapon Rungjirarat, Dentacare Clinic, 1010/18-20 Rama 4 Rd, Silom Bangrak.  (0) 2235 7755 or (0) 2633 8877  

I bet you were wishing you'd brushed more often after all of that! :D

no I competed in olympic style wrestling(freestyle) for 25 years and lost the teeth from accidental elbows and head butts.................check out this guys web site ,he's the real deal..........just google br hubert gomez dentist goa india :D