Prachuab Kiri Khan Town

jackyseymour

Planning a trip up to Bangkok and, having taken a serious dislike to flying anywhere, am looking to taking a bus up from here in Phuket to Prachuab, staying a couple of nights or so, and then up to Bangkok either via bus - would prefer the train but have heard it would take the same amount of time as the bus from Phuket to Bangkok all told (12 hours!). Is this so?

Would appreciate some recommendations as to accommodation in Prachuab Town. Living in Phuket, not bothered with beach accommodation, and would like to stay in the town - not some 'farang' style resort, or 'slummy farang mai me dtung' :o either. Anything homey and comfortable? Thankyou :D

I don't know about all the way to Phuket, but friends have told me that the train from Hua Hin to Bangkok actually takes longer than the bus because the train makes a lot of stops. I think the train also costs more while it may be safer and more comfortable than the bus (depending on the class of train and your seat/car). Never tried it myself but I've also been told by friends who have used them that there are long distance trains (maybe Phuket to BKK) that have sleeping compartments.