Where Is Gold Going In This Market

I don't know all the technical stuff........I don't really care although interesting to read the banter. But I will make a prediction and it is in writing so it can be thrown back at me.

"GOLD WILL GO TO $2,000+" sometime in 2010

please define which dollars. there are many currencies with the name "Dollar" :D

why Naam, the US dollars that I used to have many of in the bank. :)

slightly off topic. you had a good hunch when you planned to sell your gold (or part of it) when the price reaches 1,200. selling and buying again below 1,100 would have been a nice annualised yield of >100% :D

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correction to 1085-1090 zone is my best guess and will be adding around there. Run ain't over yet... :)

In that zone right now alongside HUGE amounts of bearish gold predictions.

Well it seems you called that turn quite well. As it is back up over 1100 now after visiting that range you mentioned.

Silver did very well during that correction

which was only partly a correction but caused mainly by USD strength. without any doubt Khunjake's prediction was "right on the money" but besides looking at charts one mustn't forget the bigger picture and a number of other important factors. a good example was my re-entry into USD beginning of december (details discussed with Flying) which was not based on any charts or technical analysis.

USD looks in particular looks somewhat bullish. This week's open should fire off several technical buy signals for the USD actually. Seasonally, January can be a very bullish month for the USDX too. It is entirely possible that the USD and Gold can go UP together as they have done so before many times.

a good example was my re-entry into USD beginning of december (details discussed with Flying) which was not based on any charts or technical analysis.

Tis true & as I said back then you will probably do well. Seems it was time for a bounce.

Correction to 1085-1090 zone is my best guess and will be adding around there. Run ain't over yet... :)

In that zone right now alongside HUGE amounts of bearish gold predictions.

Well it seems you called that turn quite well. As it is back up over 1100 now after visiting that range you mentioned.

Silver did very well during that correction

which was only partly a correction but caused mainly by USD strength. without any doubt Khunjake's prediction was "right on the money" but besides looking at charts one mustn't forget the bigger picture and a number of other important factors. a good example was my re-entry into USD beginning of december (details discussed with Flying) which was not based on any charts or technical analysis.

Looking back, if this was a significant low for Gold, it will have been the only one wave correction to date. The most bearish thing I see, and of which you wouldn't be aware, is that my uncle purchased a really significant amount at $1,150. That can't be good.

Looking back, if this was a significant low for Gold, it will have been the only one wave correction to date. The most bearish thing I see, and of which you wouldn't be aware, is that my uncle purchased a really significant amount at $1,150. That can't be good.

:) Dont worry about your uncle...India bought a really significant 200 tons at $1045/oz :D

USD looks in particular looks somewhat bullish. This week's open should fire off several technical buy signals for the USD actually. Seasonally, January can be a very bullish month for the USDX too. It is entirely possible that the USD and Gold can go UP together as they have done so before many times.

The USD up trade is crowded. I am going to short some treasury's here.

:D Dont worry about your uncle... India bought a really significant 200 tons at $1045/oz :D

perhaps LRB's uncle is Indian? :)

:D Dont worry about your uncle... India bought a really significant 200 tons at $1045/oz :D

Well he got taken then cause the other Indians paid $105 less per ounce....

Ok all that aside....Gold is hanging pretty well AFAIK

In a past life perhaps. As for the argument that Gold has to go up because the Indians made a huge investment at $1,050, I find it no more valid than Gold having to go lower because England sold in the $200's/oz. They may both end up looking like financial mis-managers.

In a past life perhaps. As for the argument that Gold has to go up because the Indians made a huge investment at $1,050, I find it no more valid than Gold having to go lower because England sold in the $200's/oz. They may both end up looking like financial mis-managers.

Not to worry I have no such thoughts of the India buy creating a floor.

I am thinking this round of correction is over though. Also awhile back someone whose opinion I respect

said Silver would act stronger than gold in December & I guess he was right.

Will be interesting to see if his thoughts on Platinum from now till Feb follow through too. Not that I am in that but I do like to watch.

Edited by flying

"This will strip small and medium-sized banks and force them into shutting down or being absorbed. This means you have to get your money out of banks, especially CDs. We repeat get your cash values out of life insurance policies and annuities. They are invested 80% in stocks and 20% in bonds. Keep only enough money in banks for three months of operating expenses, six months for businesses.

Major and semi-major banks are being told to obtain secure storage for new currency-dollars. They expect official devaluation by the end of the year.

We do not know what the exchange rate will be, but as we have stated previously we expect three old dollars to be traded for one new dollar. The alternative is gold and silver coins and shares. For those with substantial sums that do not want to be in gold and silver related assets completely you can use Canadian and Swiss Treasuries. If you need brokers for these investments we can supply them."

and please wear your tin foil hats even at bed time and during sex. the sky may fall any time. :)

only 2½ days left for the blogspot doom&gloom know-it-all apocalyptic dollar devaluation and soon to come 'Marc Faber zimbabwean inflation' in The Greatest Nation on Earth™!

question: where will you Americans store your "new currency-dollars"? next to your gold bars up in the attic or in the freezer? and will you use inflation to inflate the tires of your cars as well as the inflatable pools in your backyard?

Flying: what's the latest on weapon and ammunition purchases in Duluth, Minnesota?

Midas: got any swine flue vaccination recently? are your rice granaries full to the brim?

Alex: when will you visit me for a couple of drinks and tell me all about what will happen till my statistical life time ends?

take it easy boys! best wishes for the new year to all of you and your families. much and foremost i wish you a healthy 2010 because each and everything else we can buy with shitty fiat money. gold coins are optional.

:D

Flying: what's the latest on weapon and ammunition purchases in Duluth, Minnesota?

Well I dont know about Duluth but I have enough :D I have heard that for folks that dont reload ...ammo is slowly starting to be restocked in some stores after last years big run.

Due to years of competitive shooting & reloading my own ammo I am very well stocked.

In recent years I have cut back as it was a hassle having too many different calibers.

Now I stick to just a few...... Dont have to stock so many types of powder

22 rimfire for plinking (non-reloadable )

9mm high capacity for the wife

45ACP my personal favorite for handguns

12 gauge for home defense

5.56/223 for the rest

Did away with all the exotic stuff :D

Happy New Year to you & yours too.

What you say is true....At the end of the day health & happiness is where its at :)

Edited by flying

Well I dont know about Duluth...

again no homework done Flying? that's disgusting! explain in details "WHY NOT?" :)

p.s and don't come up with lame excuses that the dog or the children messed with your paperwork!

"This will strip small and medium-sized banks and force them into shutting down or being absorbed. This means you have to get your money out of banks, especially CDs. We repeat get your cash values out of life insurance policies and annuities. They are invested 80% in stocks and 20% in bonds. Keep only enough money in banks for three months of operating expenses, six months for businesses.

Major and semi-major banks are being told to obtain secure storage for new currency-dollars. They expect official devaluation by the end of the year.

We do not know what the exchange rate will be, but as we have stated previously we expect three old dollars to be traded for one new dollar. The alternative is gold and silver coins and shares. For those with substantial sums that do not want to be in gold and silver related assets completely you can use Canadian and Swiss Treasuries. If you need brokers for these investments we can supply them."

and please wear your tin foil hats even at bed time and during sex. the sky may fall any time. :)

only 2½ days left for the blogspot doom&gloom know-it-all apocalyptic dollar devaluation and soon to come 'Marc Faber zimbabwean inflation' in The Greatest Nation on Earth™!

question: where will you Americans store your "new currency-dollars"? next to your gold bars up in the attic or in the freezer? and will you use inflation to inflate the tires of your cars as well as the inflatable pools in your backyard?

Midas: got any swine flue vaccination recently? are your rice granaries full to the brim?

Alex: when will you visit me for a couple of drinks and tell me all about what will happen till my statistical life time ends?

take it easy boys! best wishes for the new year to all of you and your families. much and foremost i wish you a healthy 2010 because each and everything else we can buy with shitty fiat money. gold coins are optional.

:D

Yes yes I know the enforced vaccinations didn't occur but note the federal emergency which Obama declared is still in force. :D

Because this overrides important sections of the U.S. Constitution I am unsure if these " powers " can remain active to be used for

any " other events " which activates FEMA to take charge of "responding" to the emergency.

And Happy New year to you Naam and your wife and your dog :D

When gold was falling at that time it was being manipulated down too so you cant say that $250 an oz was the true market bottom. The real bottom was around $400 before Gordon Brown sold a large part of the UK's gold. What does Gordon Brown know about gold ? Nothing, he was doing what he was told.

Quote Naam: Alex: when will you visit me for a couple of drinks and tell me all about what will happen till my statistical life time ends?

ن شاء الله

Insha Allah Naam.

Looking forward to a nice barbecue......

post-21826-1262362292_thumb.jpg

post-21826-1262362322.jpg

:)

Vietnam Halts Gold Trading; Global Imbalances Mount

"Vietnam has ordered all gold trading floors to close by the end of March, putting an end to a business which turns over $1bn a day but which the government feared was spinning out of control. "

"Global Imbalances Mount

Global imbalances are cropping up like weeds in places like Greece, Spain, Vietnam, Iceland, Vietnam, Latvia, and Lithuania.

There are massive property bubbles in China, Canada, the UK, and Australia.

Japan is in a foolish fight against deflation and sinking further in debt

Commercial real estate in the US is on the verge of bringing down hundreds of regional banks.

Cities in the US are under massive pressure because of unsustainable pension plan promises.

Global terrorism is on the rise

How long this mess hangs together without a huge crisis in a major currency is the question everyone should be asking. Sadly, most are oblivious to the widening structural cracks"

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/index.php?na...e&sid=16176

Churchill,

when will you stop reading the rubbish which the doom&gloom clowns of "marketoracle" publish? may i remind you of one of their latest nonsense (posted by you) that the Dollar will be devalued as of today. will you never learn?

Churchill,

when will you stop reading the rubbish which the doom&gloom clowns of "marketoracle" publish? may i remind you of one of their latest nonsense (posted by you) that the Dollar will be devalued as of today. will you never learn?

Would it look better from the Financial Times ?

Judging by the article, the government is sick of its citizens buying gold because it is killing their currency. If the premiums go way up then it will just create a black market price for bullion.

Edited by sokal

Churchill,

Would it look better from the Financial Times ?

Judging by the article, the government is sick of its citizens buying gold because it is killing their currency. If the premiums go way up then it will just create a black market price for bullion.

little canadian boy...

does the financial times write anything about

quote: "There are massive property bubbles in China, Canada, the UK, and Australia.

Japan is in a foolish fight against deflation and sinking further in debt"

yes, no?

when will you learn to read english?

Churchill,

Churchhills original post in this topic on 2008-10-17

Was very well appreciated by myself :) As such props to him for a very well timed Q about Gold.

Also to the notion of doom & gloom nonsense...None Sense is sometimes just something that does not fit the

limits of the time it is proposed in. Yet many times later is deemed to have been foresight. :D

We have a long way to go to see what is & what was not doom & gloom.

Churchill,

This is where the original article came from http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...ing-global.html

Please provide the quote that states " Dollar will be devalued as of today " - I do not believe it said that - perhaps it said at sometime in the future.........- most people accept that the $ is devaluing over time , I think it will but perhaps ,as I posted in another thread, be in a short term up trend .

Churchill,

This is where the original article came from http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...ing-global.html

Please provide the quote that states " Dollar will be devalued as of today " - I do not believe it said that - perhaps it said at sometime in the future.........- most people accept that the $ is devaluing over time , I think it will but perhaps ,as I posted in another thread, be in a short term up trend .

why is this ffing story not on Bloomberg yet ?

Technically gold is still short-term bearish until it can get back over 1120 and if if goes under last week's 1075 low, then something else is going on...

Back over 1120 now. If it holds up and over it from now, then putting speculative positions back are on my mind. :)

Edited by khunjake

Churchill,

in your posting #1659 the last line says "marketoracle..." and to this posting i referred. i don't waste my time clicking on all the sites you post because the lion share of these sites produce pure refined BS.

Edited by Naam

Churchill,

in your posting #1659 the last line says "marketoracle..." and to this posting i referred. i don't waste my time clicking on all the sites you post because the lion share of these sites produce pure refined BS.

Only "Naam" is able to quote from articles he has not read !