Iphone Can't Open Apps

kevc

Upgraded my Iphone to 2.1 last week yesterday I opened the installer there were four items ready to download, after they downloaed I couldn't use the phone and the installed extra games wouldn't open although all the rest would, maps, calculator etc. I then went to installed apps and deleted them all apart from one named Mobile Enhancer v3.0 which I'm sure wasn't there before but it doesn't let me delete it.

With it being an unlocked phone could I use the "reset defaults" option or is it a trip back to MBK.

Thanks for any help.

You could restore to 2.1 again and this time not download the "updates". Or let the MBK ppl do it :o

I once installed the wrong thing with installer and the phone app stopped working - couldn't make calls. I upgraded to 2.1 - which is really a full software restore - and all was well again.

You could restore to 2.1 again and this time not download the "updates". Or let the MBK ppl do it :o

I once installed the wrong thing with installer and the phone app stopped working - couldn't make calls. I upgraded to 2.1 - which is really a full software restore - and all was well again.

Thanks thats what I did today, vowing never to touch inataller again.

• 4 weeks later...

Question about the MBK iPhones :o

They come with a small chip that sits on top of the Sim card, which i guess fools the phone into thinking its on an AT&T network... i.e. its not Jailbroken/Unlocked as such... does this mean that the iTunes firmware upgrade/version upgrade will work directly?

One word of caution about using Restore from iTunes: if you do this, your phone will once again be locked and no longer jailbroken.

If you have a first generation iPhone, you can unlock AND jailbreak the 2.1 software using pwnage. If you have a 3G phone, you can jailbreak the phone, but you cannot unlock it. You can find pwnage here. This will also allow you to upgrade to 2.1.

If you want an unlocked iPhone, you can but a completely legal "white market" phone in Hong Kong for about 23,000 baht from the online Apple Store there, or any iPhone retailer, and there is no contract or other obligation. I'm using one on AIS and it works.

I'm so behind with the times...I'm still on version 1.1.4 :D

Where is the best place for me to get it upgraded to 2.1 and How much does it cost?

Question about the MBK iPhones :o

They come with a small chip that sits on top of the Sim card, which i guess fools the phone into thinking its on an AT&T network... i.e. its not Jailbroken/Unlocked as such... does this mean that the iTunes firmware upgrade/version upgrade will work directly?

MBK will do it for a few hundred Baht. The hardware sim unlock solutions shouldn't matter as far as upgrading the firmware or using itunes goes.