Seen In Chaweng

Saw this gem this morning; hurry before he takes it down :D

Surely pretty accurate :D

Sure its in Chewang? Why does a 'flightseeing' brochure have snowcapped mountians on its advertisement in Samui? .....

Because of the Long Term Forecast over the next five years by The BBC :o

Saw this gem this morning; hurry before he takes it down :o

Why are you lying and saying this is in Chaweng? It isn't. I have seen this pic somewhere else on the internet quite a while back and it sure wasn't taken in Samui, or even Thailand for that matter. I believe the Flightseeing brochures there have something to do with it.

Weird post this is.

Why are you lying and saying this is in Chaweng? It isn't. I have seen this pic somewhere else on the internet quite a while back and it sure wasn't taken in Samui, or even Thailand for that matter. I believe the Flightseeing brochures there have something to do with it.

Weird post this is.

Absolutely correct. Great first post!

Weird post this is.

Well ,'eres a bloke with NO sense of humour.

No, he is absolutely correct to object. If you want to post something about international "funny" signs, go ahead, but I can't exactly see the relevance here in the Samui/Phangan/Tao thread.

I also find this "Seen in Chaweng" business disingenuous.

OK, how about this:

SEEN IN LAMAI:

Shall I start a new thread about this? Or don't I have a sense of humor?

No, he is absolutely correct to object. If you want to post something about international "funny" signs, go ahead, but I can't exactly see the relevance here in the Samui/Phangan/Tao thread.

OK, how about this:

SEEN IN LAMAI:

Looks as if you got the same batch of fun pics which contained the Gary Weather Forecast;

yrs.(the camel) might even be believable if you had said" seen at the Aerodrome" don't you think?

I can see absolutely no harm in enlivening normally staid discussions with a bit of fun now and again;

and there is relevance to Samui, for those in the know, a well known long term resident called Gary may well have smiled at this.?

Weird post this is.

Come on Ti. sorry luke, cut the guy some slack. Its fun at least! :o

Weird post this is.

Come on Ti. sorry luke, cut the guy some slack. Its fun at least! :D

Which is what it was meant to be. :o

OK, how about this:

SEEN IN LAMAI:

Looks as if you got the same batch of fun pics which contained the Gary Weather Forecast;

yrs.(the camel) might even be believable if you had said" seen at the Aerodrome" don't you think?

I can see absolutely no harm in enlivening normally staid discussions with a bit of fun now and again;

and there is relevance to Samui, for those in the know, a well known long term resident called Gary may well have smiled at this.?

would it be possible to bring a camble to thailand if so how. any ideas???

OK, how about this:

SEEN IN LAMAI:

Walkies?

http://www.paddymchugh.com/camels.html

"ACF Pty Ltd has exported camels to the UAE, Thailand, New Zealand, and Japan and runs feral catching operations within Australia selling large numbers of camels to the domestic market for racing, tourism, weed eradication and the provision of camel products."

No, it's wrong. There are other places on this giant forum for funny pictures from places not in Thailand (wherever those places are). This is the Samui, KP, KT thread. I mean the original post is off topic, which is hard to do, unless you are either clueless about how forums work, or are being intentionally obtuse.

I'd like to hear the explanation from the original poster. Did you think, "This is a funny photo. I will post it in the Samui, KP, KT forum even though it clearly has NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING RELATED TO THE FORUM, but hey, it's funny. Maybe no one will notice that it's NOT EVEN IN THAILAND."

If I were a mod, I'd have deleted the thread upon seeing it and sent a PM to the poster politely telling him/her to post it in an appropriate place.

This is just how forums work. There are rules (God knows Thaivisa is a stickler when it comes to some of them).

:D

!

No, it's wrong. There are other places on this giant forum for funny pictures from places not in Thailand (wherever those places are). This is the Samui, KP, KT thread. I mean the original post is off topic, which is hard to do, unless you are either clueless about how forums work, or are being intentionally obtuse.

I'd like to hear the explanation from the original poster. Did you think, "This is a funny photo. I will post it in the Samui, KP, KT forum even though it clearly has NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING RELATED TO THE FORUM, but hey, it's funny. Maybe no one will notice that it's NOT EVEN IN THAILAND."

If I were a mod, I'd have deleted the thread upon seeing it and sent a PM to the poster politely telling him/her to post it in an appropriate place.

This is just how forums work. There are rules (God knows Thaivisa is a stickler when it comes to some of them).

:D You ARE looking for a moderating job, Mark. But why not just ask?

Well, I don't have the Thaivisa moderator mentality. Check out the vibrancy of discussions on Forumosa.com where I was a mod before. It's a much more freewheeling atmosphere and you can actually speak of the gods (mods) without the threat of banning or deletion. You can use adult language too without the born-again Christian censor-bot kicking in.

There is also a Temporary forum where things that ought to die a quick death (deletion) can happen without complaints of "You killed the whole thread!" like happened to me here. But here, the gods are vengeful and prickly about being challenged by the tiny pissants below.

But since this thread is off topic by its nature, anything posted here is fair.

SEEN IN KOH TAO:

mark u are like my annoying german neibour who just complains about everything. really it can't bother u that much it is just a picture.