A Good Cookie

ricklev

Just ate a chocolate chip cookie I bought at Rimping made by Butter is Better. It was great! I have no connection with them.

I had one of those yesterday too. Awesome cookie! Best I've had by far in Thailand. Big too, but not cheap - 49 baht.

Just ate a chocolate chip cookie I bought at Rimping made by Butter is Better. It was great! I have no connection with them.

I had one of those yesterday too. Awesome cookie! Best I've had by far in Thailand. Big too, but not cheap - 49 baht.

Butter is Pricey :o

I am looking for an orange flavoured cookie. It has to be cookie texture (ala chocolate chip) but with a tangy orange flavour.

I have been through a number of Thai products and whilst I can find some orange biscuits (notably S & P), I cannot find in a cookie. I would even go as far as a 'ginger biscuit' hardness if it had an orange flavour.

Anything out there that I have missed ?

Hi

I love those butter is better chocolate chip cookies too. I have almost no connection with Butter is Better except that my wife, Dao, is the owner and chief baker. I know the cookies seem pricey but she uses a lot of belgian chocolate in them and lots of butter, no margarine. Also real vanilla extract which she makes herself from top quality Madagascar vanilla beans because she wasn't happy with the quality of the vanilla extract commonly available. Anyway, thanks on Dao's behalf for the kind words. She really does try hard. Maybe a little bit too hard

i just having fun and started baking in my new house ,

and teaching my wife how to bake as well as having alot of fun mysel f, i found baking a good way to improve love relationship ,

anyway some day ago we were baking chocolate chip cookie and someone came to ask if he can buy some ,

i got no intention to sell it as i made only 30 pcs for my wife and her mom as well as some relative , so i gave 2 for tasting only .

now - i had a i had people asking to buymy cookie almost every other days .

-

:o oh i'm selling only 30baht per 100g - just to cover the recipe .

whhhaaa anyway i got less time to bake now since my project picking up ..

whahaha

this is not a sale . ads . i don't take order unless you come visit me whahhaha

You mean ONE (1) cookie costs THB 49,00 ???

That's what it sounds like. Probably made up for it with size.

Ok, how big is it? 6" dia? 8" ?

It's called a quarter pounder which means it should weigh 113 grams but it actually weighs about 118 grams. the diameter is about 5 inches but that's because it's put into the oven cold. if it were put in at room temperature it would probably be more like 8 inches.

It's called a quarter pounder which means it should weigh 113 grams but it actually weighs about 118 grams. the diameter is about 5 inches but that's because it's put into the oven cold. if it were put in at room temperature it would probably be more like 8 inches.

Thank you Cozumelito,

OK, 118 gr, the price makes sense.

Just one thing : I'm Swiss, so when it comes to chocolate, please don't talk about Belgian chocolate, we're talking about serious business here :o:D

Any recipies?

Good question.

And why isn't anyone talking about making their own? Yes, I do realize this posting was started addressing a commercial establishment.

But there are lots of cookie mixes in the stores; just make a few minor tweaks if you want a tangy orange taste or lemon sugar cookies, etc. And you can make them with real butter or margerine, whatever tasted better to you.

OK, I realize lots of people don't have ovens, but if you do.....

Edited by noise

Thank you Cozumelito,

OK, 118 gr, the price makes sense.

Just one thing : I'm Swiss, so when it comes to chocolate, please don't talk about Belgian chocolate, we're talking about serious business here :o:D

Point taken. Actually, the only milk chocolate I like comes from De Villars(?) which is a Swiss company.

I am looking for an orange flavoured cookie. It has to be cookie texture (ala chocolate chip) but with a tangy orange flavour.

I have been through a number of Thai products and whilst I can find some orange biscuits (notably S & P), I cannot find in a cookie. I would even go as far as a 'ginger biscuit' hardness if it had an orange flavour.

Hi, my wife has made some orange almond cookies, would you like to try some? pm me

Try your luck with the recipes found at www.allrecipes.com type in orange cookies and many appear. I'm thinking of making the orange chocolate recipe in the near future.

I must say this thread has whetted my appetite for a good, heavy - weight ,all-butter cookie. How unfortunate that I shall not be able to sample the delights that all you insiders drool on about as I have no idea where "Butter is Best" is located. But I expect you don't want to be swamped by old geezers just blithely walking in off the street without a formal invitation. I now expect to be told, "Well its so easy to find for anyone new ; its in the South part of the City"

Edited by Asmerom

I must say this thread has whetted my appetite for a good, heavy - weight ,all-butter cookie. How unfortunate that I shall not be able to sample the delights that all you insiders drool on about as I have no idea where "Butter is Best" is located. But I expect you don't want to be swamped by old geezers just blithely walking in off the street without a formal invitation. I now expect to be told, "Well its so easy to find for anyone new ; its in the South part of the City"

I guess we're suffering from megalomania and we just assumed that everyone would know. Right now, Butter is Better stuff can be bought at Rim Ping Nim City (opposite airport plaza). As of Monday Nov 10 it will also be in Rim Ping Mae Jo. Actually there will be a stand at Mae Jo where someone will be hawking Butter is Better products.

Bake and Bite does decent cheaply priced bake goods, but when it comes to chocolate cookies, I prefer the expensive ones with lots of butter and chocolate! :D

I agree with you, and that is the reason I don't like the chocolate cookies from The Dukes. They have only a few chips, and they raised their price from 30 baht to 60 baht :o

Bake and Bite does decent cheaply priced bake goods, but when it comes to chocolate cookies, I prefer the expensive ones with lots of butter and chocolate! :o

I'm probably shamelessly and flagrantly violating all kinds of proper net behavior here, but i think the prices at butter is better compare favorably to those elsewhere. our cinnamon buns go for 29 baht for example. And my wife put a lot of work - a alot of failed recipes - into them to create a bun that is tender and rich. It's even better if you heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds. The same goes for the sticky buns.

• 3 weeks later...