Mountain Biking Samui

Hello, TheGreatSamui. Not much reaction from the forum on the mountain biking in samui. There are a few of us over here in KPG that do some trail riding. We've found some pretty good single track up in the mountains and are always exploring if you fancy it.

Cheers

Gotanygin

A word of warning.

Occasionally, tourists will rent motocross bikes and take them into the "Samui highlands," and ride hellbent for leather. By a lucky fluke, a friend and I were on a side spur of one of the main dirt roads up in the durian groves when out of the blue two big dirt bikes came screaming up the road. We had been puttering along on our Yamaha Mios and these guys with full leathers thundered past where we had been slowly riding just one minute before, loose scree shooting out the back tires like buckshot.

IF we had been on the main trail, we would have been hit and almost certainly seriously injured. The two dirt bikers came fast and without warning and they could never have stopped as they were flying and we were at the top of a blind rise.

So if you are on a dirt track on a push bike, be aware of the potential of having to share, suddenly, your trail with powerful and fast dirt bikes.

forget mountain biking. motor cross is the way forward there is about 30 or 40 or even more of them heading into the hills on a sunday. if u have the bottle and u like fun then through away your mountain bike and step up on the the motor cross bike. will see u next time probably flying in the air. see yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ( splat )

forget mountain biking. motor cross is the way forward there is about 30 or 40 or even more of them heading into the hills on a sunday. if u have the bottle and u like fun then through away your mountain bike and step up on the the motor cross bike. will see u next time probably flying in the air. see yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ( splat )

Mark, looks like you've found your culprits :o

Hello

Ignore the lazy motocrossers, I like a bit of mountain biking and I'm based in Maenam. I also know one more chap in Bophut who's up for some off road riding so maybe we can sort something out. So far I've mostly just been riding to the top on concrete and coming down off road so I don't really know any single track but I'm sure there's some out there.

I'n new on this board so I'll suggest you PM me but if that's not possible just write a message back here.

Regards

Ian

Hello

Ignore the lazy motocrossers, I like a bit of mountain biking and I'm based in Maenam. I also know one more chap in Bophut who's up for some off road riding so maybe we can sort something out. So far I've mostly just been riding to the top on concrete and coming down off road so I don't really know any single track but I'm sure there's some out there.

I'n new on this board so I'll suggest you PM me but if that's not possible just write a message back here.

Regards

Ian

Hi,

I have only been out on my bike a couple of times and would be interested to hear where you are riding and if you have found any decent tracks? For the people on KPN - where abouts do you ride? Will be keen to get out once the water calms down a bit.

Cheers.