Asean Summit

bunta71

A good friend has just completed 15 new high end hotel type suites that are very large,100+ square meters each. One and two bedrooms with beautifully appointed rooms. He is interested in finding anyone associated with the organization of the upcoming summit in order to make them aware of what he has to offer. Said I knew of a good venue for answering that and the rest of the story hopefully will continue here.... and yes the gentleman's name is familiar to many here. Dr. Ken Leeper

Edited by bunta71

Bunta,

As the summit is being held at the Shangri-La Hotel....and they are reporting occupancy levels at around 10% at the moment, I would not be surprised if everyone involved has not already been offered a very good deal to stay there.

Maybe someone else can be a bit more positive about this than me ...sorry.

Bunta,

As the summit is being held at the Shangri-La Hotel....and they are reporting occupancy levels at around 10% at the moment, I would not be surprised if everyone involved has not already been offered a very good deal to stay there.

Maybe someone else can be a bit more positive about this than me ...sorry.

It wouldn't surprise me if they paid to get the summit into the Shangri-La out of their marketing budget. Being on the door there must be one of the loneliest jobs around at the moment - it's a very grand and well finished building but those huge open marble floored areas don't cope with emptiness very well. Good luck to your friend, Bunta.

If TAT has anything to do with it the ASEAN delegates will be staying at The Park Hotel. Seems to be the only place that TAT use.

Very obvious when a TAT travel writer/travel agent junket is in town. It's the only time I ever see 20, 30, or 40 of the bicycle driven rickshaws/cyclos or whatever the Thai word is for them lined up out the front. Followed the next night off course by the tuk-tuk cavalcade with the motorcycle police outriders.

The newly opened Le Meridien would have to be in there with a show for the ASEAN business too I suspect.

New four-star rooms. I'm sure not many of its 398 rooms have been used as yet.

I must admit, I'd love to know where all these delegates on their fat government expense accouts will be going for their evening entertainment! I'm not touting for the Lao or Myanmar delgegations, but the Malaysians and Singaporeans would be most welcome in my pub! 'But I expect the local mafia have already booked them into the local Kao Soi restaurants. Bet Spicy will be heaving later in the evenings as well after the local constabulary have given out theri invites!