Ko Phangan - Road To Haad Thian?

Hi

does anybody know if is there a road from Ban Tai to Haad Thian? I will stay in Ban Tai and I´ve heard about a new road going from there to Haad Thian. Is ist possible to drive it with a motorbike and how long will I need? Or is the only chance to go to Haad Thian by boat from Haad Rin? Thanks for every answer.

Friends of mine walked that road, i believe it is the one that starts from the Sra Manora road in Ban Kai. From the pics I saw, I doubt its very drivable after all the rain we've had. It was seriously steep. :o

Some 4wd go without problems. Better the small Suzuki than the big pickup. By motorbike, good luck, especially now with the rain open big holes on the road.

If you are a good rider you can go with a big enduro bike, nice adventure! But wait a better season.

Hi

does anybody know if is there a road from Ban Tai to Haad Thian? I will stay in Ban Tai and I´ve heard about a new road going from there to Haad Thian. Is ist possible to drive it with a motorbike and how long will I need? Or is the only chance to go to Haad Thian by boat from Haad Rin? Thanks for every answer.

The track is very dangerous and it was made one year ago. I took this way, by walk and by car with the owner of the Love Lip bungalows who makes a connexion from Haad Thian to Haad Rin in a high season for 200 baht:person (one way).

If you want to go by walk from Sramanora river, it takes 2 hours. By car just 20 minutes. :o

I live on Had Tien and the road is very dangerous if you have never been on it. Right now raining and no one is driving on the road. Earlier this year one of the trucks from Had Yuan flipped. If you have a dirt bike and know what you are doing okay, but after the road is dry! I wouldn't do it without looking at it first.

Last season about 10 people had to pay my friend to take them and their Motor Bikes back from where they came from. 1000 baht at least per. That's just one of the trucks that drive that route regularly. I'm sure the trucks from Had Yuan have been paid to do the same.

I've just taken the Honda 125 on the Haad Thian road, and the surface there is now fairly compact and almost 100% dry, although deeply rutted in places.

Workers were digging the side of the hill to widen the road at the very top, and there is some very loose gravel on that last steep section heading East.

Very beautiful rainforest scenery along the way, with some picturesque views of the coastline near the top.

This road has some very steep sections. Take a bike only if you are feeling adventurous, and by all means bring a passenger if he/she doesn't mind walking about 1-2km of steep hills.

And forget this trip altogether if it rains, unless you enjoy dangerously steep mudslides!

jose '-)