Digital Camera Repair Shop

jjnr

Hi,

Happened to me too 2 years ago, got sand in it.

There was no repair shop on the island then. Had to go to Bkk with it.

I guess it depends what is wrong with it. If it is something else than cleaning if from sand there might be a chance.

I would try in Nathon.

Good luck and hope you can repair your camera.

Take care!

Good luck is right.

Whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE IT TO BIG C.

My LCD screen was broken. I took it to Big C at the end of July to get it fixed (I even bought a new one while there). They sent it off to BKK and said it would take 1 month. A month later, still no camera. "Next week" is what I was told until for 6 more weeks. Anyway, I got my camera back the day before I was to leave Samui - unrepaired. If I wanted it fixed, they said it would take another 2 weeks and cost 2300 baht. Apparently, the camera had been sent to the wrong place. Even though I kept coming back each week for 6 weeks, very politely showing my receipt, and telling them I would be leaving soon, they never bothered to call and find out where it was. That is, not until my last week when I brought a friend of imposing stature and personality who is a long time resident of Samui. He got their attention and a call was made.

Now I am in China and am waiting again to get the camera repaired. This time it will cost only about 1000 baht. We'll see if the Chinese are any better.

Edited by koheesti

My HP digital camera has recently decided to stop working. Just wondering if anyone knows of a camera repair shop on the island. I really don't want to send the thing to Bangkok.

Cheers for any info.

I have had a problem with my Fuji Digital Camera (dropping it etc!!!) and the only way to get it fixed was to send it to Bangkok. Contacted Fuji Service Ccentre, very efficient, sent by EMS and returned by EMS within ten days fixed. Only cost was the replacement part, small charge for labour and they did not charge for EMS.

Suggest you search the internet for your cameras Bangkok service centre and contact them direct. After sales service at Tesco and BigC simply does not exist.