Bio Diesel

lalatal

Not to get into a match with you, but you may need to study Bio diesels more.

Tests have shown that Bio Diesels help to reduce wear on engine components due to it's libricity.

ULSD is harder on engines as it has less lubrication properties, then Bio Diesel.

Bio Diesel also has shown in tests to inprove fuel combustion, leading to less soot and emmisions.

On par with Euro 4 spec, when blended at 20% Bio.

More than 100 Biodiesel demonstrations, with over 10 million road miles in trucks, have confirmed the performance benefits of this fuel additive for emissions and mechanical lubricity. No adverse durability or engine wear problems were found; in fact, in road tests with heavy duty truck engines, engine wear was significantly decreased after running 100,000 miles on blends of Biodiesel (University of Idaho studies).

I v heard this several times too, but there must be a reason for Volvo, VW/Audi, BMW, Jaguar/Land Rover and Benz to not recommend Bio (even 5%) in their high tech diesels.

I v chosen to run my diesels on Shells V Power, cause it doesnt cost me anything extra. I measured 5000 km, or basicly still measure every time I fuel. Only availability is a disadvantage.

Could be another picture for low rev truck engines.

You better check again,

Volvo, VW, Benz, Bmw all now aprove the use of Bio blends of 5% . I don't have any info on Jag or Land rover, but could easily search there sites for updates

The reason was the Oring that they were useing, which have now been changed.

Hi levels of Bio cause some natural rubber oring and hoses to swell or because tacky.

P.S. I am not knocking V power diesel in anyway. I'm glad to see it in use!

I just want people to know more about Bio diesel. And save Money 3bt per litre.

You better check again,

Volvo, VW, Benz, Bmw all now aprove the use of Bio blends of 5% . I don't have any info on Jag or Land rover, but could easily search there sites for updates

The reason was the Oring that they were useing, which have now been changed.

Hi levels of Bio cause some natural rubber oring and hoses to swell or because tacky.

P.S. I am not knocking V power diesel in anyway. I'm glad to see it in use!

I just want people to know more about Bio diesel. And save Money 3bt per litre.

I am glad these cars can now run bio. They all have similar Bosch commonrail, and I guess thats where the o-rings have been replaced. Do you know if this mod is for LOS only, or can they run bio all over the world?

bio is good for LOS, because reduces the import $ oil.

Nothing, pour it in and save your money. 100l = 300bt savings. How many tanks of fuel do you use a month? It adds up fast!

Esso, Ptt and Caltex all offer a 100% guaranty that should a problem be cause to your engine by there fuel, they will fix it free of charge!!

So back to Bio diesel and a Toyota D4D (2007 version) what are the upgrades to make it run on B5 without any problems??

Since it seems like Bosch just has upgraded their commonrail to run on bio by replacing o-rings, I assume thats what Denso has done too. From november 2008 for Toyota.

Like some other generic products, bio diesel has gotten a bad rap because of independent producers. A guy from Udon Thani had problems and the dealer had to clean out his entire fuel system. They found balls of congealed goo. Fortunately it caused no damage to the fuel system, just clogged it up. I use the PTT bio diesel and have no problems.

There is a small outlet in Si Thep (Petchabun) one pump only, currently selling B5 Euro4 diesel at 24.86 Baht per litre. Its one of those green leaf places. The PTT garage further on up route 21 is selling normal diesel at over 27 Baht per litre now.

So is it safe to use it in my 2 year old Navara??.

I have been using normal PTT/ESSO & Shell up to now.

I did sight a D Max Hi-Lander fuelling up at this small place yesterday, so I may try some.