Setting Up A Tot 'billion 5210s' Modem For Torrents

geoffphuket

As per the topic title, can anyone help with the settings for my new 'Billion 5210S' ADSL modem from TOT? I'm know how to enter the set up screen using 192.168.1.1 and entering the user name and pass word, its all the jargon from there on that's baffling me.

All I'm trying to do is get torrents to download at their optimum speed. At the moment they're no where near as fast as they should be....or maybe I'm wasting my time?

Any help or advice welcome

geoffphuket

blocking traffic is not relevant to the OP question, you need to go to port forward or something that look similar then open and redirect the port in UDP and TCP to the port specified into your bittorent program as on your computer internal ip.

blocking traffic is not relevant to the OP question, you need to go to port forward or something that look similar then open and redirect the port in UDP and TCP to the port specified into your bittorent program as on your computer internal ip.

Thats not correct you dont need to port forward to use torrents as you already make a connection with in the torrent program.....port forward is used if you have a public IP and want to re direct certain traffic to different private machines ie if you wanted to use remote desktop and your Intenet IP was 1.2.3.4 and your private machine was 192.168.0.5 then you would port forward port 3389 which would then go to your private IP 192.168.0.5 but you would still type 1.2.3.4 as the IP address .

Thats not correct you dont need to port forward to use torrents as you already make a connection with in the torrent program.....port forward is used if you have a public IP and want to re direct certain traffic to different private machines ie if you wanted to use remote desktop and your Intenet IP was 1.2.3.4 and your private machine was 192.168.0.5 then you would port forward port 3389 which would then go to your private IP 192.168.0.5 but you would still type 1.2.3.4 as the IP address .

hi,

you are partially right, there's no need to open port to receive the data you want to get, but as the seeds/leechers won't be able to connect directly to you, you'll be on "low id" as back in the emule days thuse resulting in a very small speed.