Thai Airways Faces Backlash Over Business-Class Seat Fiasco

webfact

Have not flown on a Thai Airways flight in over 10 years! The last flight the stewardess burnt the back of my arm with the scolding hot metal tea urn while jabbering with person behind me. She was completely unapologetic until I got pissed off. But she was still not happy. Never ever ever again!!! As someone else pointed out...far far better Airlines to choose from.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed….  Pay that amount of money for a business class seat and it doesn’t recline he has every right to be upset - a full refund or equivalent miles should be the very least of the airlines response.

On numerous TG flights have had screens not working - no biggie as I carry and pad - low expectations!!! 

Flying with those idiots you must have!

One question...... Why?  There are so many other airlines to choose from and yet, knowing what you're going to get you still choose Thai.

Bit like banging your head on a brick wall isn't it?

• Like 1

Recent flight from Bali to BKK I noticed a number of passengers in BC having seat and screen issues, mind you this plane looked like the original prototype type so old... Just not worth the money, but little choice on that route if you want comfort.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, 2long said:

There has to be more to this. I smell some exaggeration. 

Was it one faulty seat, or more seats that never recline? Surely the plane cant have been designed to have non-reclining business class seats and if it was, then we would have heard of it before (from others complaining).

I get the feeling there's another side to this story, and maybe the customers expected more than he deserved.

Likely an individual seat or one row not reclining, next to emergency exit. 

Last month I tried the FlyDubai service from UTP to Dubai. Paid extra for more legroom.

Only to discover the seats don't recline because it's an emergency exit row!  For a 7 hr flight 🤬

Luckily the flight wasn't full and I moved. 

Didn't bother to claim back the fee for my 'special' seat booked. 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, DjSilver said:

Thai Airways have always been a 3 star airline taking 5 star airline prices. If Thai Airways even cut their prices in half, the quality and service one is getting would still not be worth it.

Not always, 15-20 years back they where much better.

• Agree 2

58 minutes ago, stoner said:

adjusted with inflation you got 9 cents back. 

You are very lucky, until now I never get any satang back after they refuse me back from Hong Kong to BKK.

Also I'm 3 years waiting, rubbish!

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Sad 1