Sub Class 676 Visa

hi people

this place helped me out a lot 5 years ago when i wanted to get my thai gf over to OZ, well now we're married with kid (1 more coming)

we would (she would) like her mother to come for visit when baby born next year

do you think it makes any difference if we/she apply in OZ or LOS ? (mother in law in LOS, we are in OZ)

can we apply on her behalf or ?

any tips from veterans much appreciated !

Edited by stu_$

hi people

this place helped me out a lot 5 years ago when i wanted to get my thai gf over to OZ, well now we're married with kid (1 more coming)

we would (she would) like her mother to come for visit when baby born next year

do you think it makes any difference if we/she apply in OZ or LOS ? (mother in law in LOS, we are in OZ)

can we apply on her behalf or ?

any tips from veterans much appreciated !

You may need to apply for sub class 679 which you need to apply for in OZ, they may ask for a bond also.

Stu

Your mother-in-law has two options.

Option 1

She can apply for subclass 676 tourist visa in Thailand. This is a non-sponsored visa. Although an accompanying letter of support would be highly recommended.

Option 2

If your wife is now a permanent resident she could sponsor her mother for subclass 679 visitor visa. This is a two step process. Firstly, her mother would complete and sign the application form and forward it to your wife. Your wife would then complete the sponsorship form before submitting the application to DIAC for processing. As pointed out in the previous post, DIAC has the discretion to ask for a security bond to be lodged.

bridge

much appreciated guys

after hearing option 2 it sounds good but deposit minimum $5000 up to 15 grand

option 1 sounds like the go , with a letter of support !

thanks again ...fingers crossed

Stu

The DIAC will have to be satisfied that your mother-in-law’s intention to visit Australia as a visitor is genuine. Some of the considerations that they take into account in determining whether someone’s intention is genuine are:

· On-going employment;

· The presence of immediate family members in their home country; and

· Property or other significant assets owned in their own country.

Basically the DIAC need to be satisfied that circumstances exist that will encourage your mother-in-law to return home after her visit, and comply with the conditions of her visa and not overstay.

Further, she will have to have adequate funds, or access to adequate funds to support herself during her stay in Australia. Any letter of support should be in the form of a statutory declaration. This should be submitted with the visa application. The letter of support should include the type of support you will provide (financial, accommodation, meals etc). You should also include details of your current employment and income, as well an undertaking that you will provide all necessary support for the duration of your mother-in-law’s stay in Australia.

Good Luck

bridge