Any Good Indian Restaurants On Sukhumvit

goonerthegooner

In order of preference

Royal India - phahurat (no where near suk but THE best in town. Really!)

Rang mahal at Rembrandt (overall better than hazara at face but the latter makes an amazingly good daal)

Indus was not bad - suk 26 but is it still there?

Mrs balbir - partly cos of her charm (but sometime over the top and makes me wanna leave)

Himali chacha suk 35?

And was skeptical about this one :

Me: Indian food in english pub in bkk? Nope. Don't want it

Friend: ok. I'll get Indian u get something else

I end up eating his meal :P

Cross bar off suk 23

Rang mahal at Rembrandt (overall better than hazara at face but the latter makes an amazingly good daal)

Indus was not bad - suk 26 but is it still there?

Mrs balbir - partly cos of her charm (but sometime over the top and makes me wanna leave)

Rang Mahal is pretty good, and has an amazing view, but the popadums were the crap, round, flat ones out of a packet, and I thought somewhere of Rang Mahal's stature would make more of an effort. Samosas also not good, with very hard pastry - almost identical to the samosas served in the 6th floor food court of MBK, but not quite as good. Very good food in every other department though.

Indus is still there and pretty good, nice spot for lunch as you can sit outside in the large garden and can let kids run around.

Mrs. Balbir's I've had many times from food by phone and found it to be excellent.

Dosa King, pretty good, and also Namuskar on a sub soi off Sukhumvit soi 8 is good. The proprietor can spice things up a bit if you ask him so you can get a scorching hot curry if you like, as I do ;)

Not sure where to start. Being an old age pensioner, prices you are talking about are WAY out of my league. Particularly Lazy G .B4,000 for dinner for 2? yes, I know that includes wine , BUT!!!. So, for those who cannot stomach (555555) Suk prices, Look in International food Forum, for places infinitely more affordable to poor old sods, such as me. Look for my references to Little India.Enjoy..I appreciate that this forum is for people who can afford these prices. For those that cannot, I give you an enjoyable option.

Edited by afarang

I ate at akhbar once (many years ago) and never going back

It wasn't that food tasted bad per se, but they added so much oil / (ghee?) to every dish that by end of the meal I just couldn't sleep all night. Friend that was with me had the same issue.

Not for me

had dinner at the Indian place in Emporium tonight, it was better than expected for Bkk. one starter, 2 main dishes and rice, cost for two 645 baht incl 2 soft drinks. i would return. beats the hell out of the sweating and grimey walk through the sleazy obstacle course like sois of lower sukhumvit to get to the asian/arbabic quarter in Nana.