New Year January 1st

a2396

I would like to know the significance of western New Year (January 1st) in Thailand. I have not been in Thailand to experience such yet. In Malaysia, where I lived before, it was a fairly important holiday, along wiht Chinese New Year and the other various national holidays. The reason I ask is that my "little sweetie", who I have been joined via a "Thai traditional marriage" has told me to disappear for 3 weeks. The reason given is that she needs some time apart for "reflection" and wants to work lots to make money in sales, because it is a busy time of year for such. Needless to say, I find it incredible that someone married for three months would tell her "husband" that she does not want to be with him on the first New Year's that they could have together. To me this stinks to high heaven. What say all of you???

I would like to know the significance of western New Year (January 1st) in Thailand. I have not been in Thailand to experience such yet. In Malaysia, where I lived before, it was a fairly important holiday, along wiht Chinese New Year and the other various national holidays.

It is not that important although Thais enjoy the mood and BKK is almost as decorated as Western cities.

Cashiers and staff at supermarkets wear Santa hats and it all resembles the West. Vans couriering Xmas baskets everywhere.

Somebody making big sales....hmm...very likely but the situation you described, to separate for 3 weeks, is over the top IMO.

It is not that important although Thais enjoy the mood and BKK is almost as decorated as Western cities.

Cashiers and staff at supermarkets wear Santa hats and it all resembles the West. Vans couriering Xmas baskets everywhere.

You are getting confused with Christmas, which is generally another working day in Thailand.

The New Year is an important holiday and the time when Thai's exchange gifts, like we do at Christmas.

Big sales time in the shops.

It is also a time when there will be lots of punters wanting whatever the girls have to sell. :o

She works in a supermarket and is not involved in the sex trade as far as I know. She is not in Bangkok either, for what that is worth. I have made quite a "stink" over her request, but she seems unwilling to change the plan. My guess is that boyfriend or "real" husband wants to spend "quality" time with her during this period, but I have no direct knowledge of such a relationship.

She works in a supermarket and is not involved in the sex trade as far as I know. She is not in Bangkok either, for what that is worth. I have made quite a "stink" over her request, but she seems unwilling to change the plan. My guess is that boyfriend or "real" husband wants to spend "quality" time with her during this period, but I have no direct knowledge of such a relationship.

It sounds like you already know something ain't kosher with the situation, and you don't trust her... I'd say take the hint and either deal with it directly and force the issue or find greener pastures... Don't be a sucker, like so many others here. There really are plenty of fish in this sea...

And learn whatever lesson there is for you to learn so you don't find yourself in this situation again :o

What say all of you???

If you aren't persuaded by the others' opinions to run far, run fast, and still want to give her the benefit of the doubt, then I would say at the very least you may want to hire a PI to find out what she is up to. Could be throwing good money after bad, but up to you. Good luck.

The reason I ask is that my "little sweetie", who I have been joined via a "Thai traditional marriage" has told me to disappear for 3 weeks. The reason given is that she needs some time apart for "reflection" and wants to work lots to make money in sales, because it is a busy time of year for such. Needless to say, I find it incredible that someone married for three months would tell her "husband" that she does not want to be with him on the first New Year's that they could have together. To me this stinks to high heaven. What say all of you???

Jesus H. <deleted> Christ!

From your previous posted topic where you explained how you met this woman via the internet (!!) you're still kicking the sh*t out of your self...???

She must be one AWESOME sh*g, that's all I can say!

Obviously one of her other internet boyfriends is coming over for Xmas and New Year, one who pays more than you do!

As the wise man says....

DO ONE! (...and quickly, you're making us all look stoopid!)