Ba Stop Flights Into Bangkok

:o It is sad news that because of the troulbes in BK this week BA have halted flights to BK for the next 48 hours and could extend this beyond.This also happened to Kenya this year when they had troubles and within a week almost all carriers into Kenya ceased flying there.The damage is still being felt by Kenya with tourism down by 60% year on year.During these tough times all it needs is one carrier or operator to stop going to a destination and the rest follow like lost sheep because the troubles is an ideal excuse because they are not filling flights and are not filling hotels as they planned.

Trust me my Samui friends this is not good news for those who depend on tourists to make a living from.

Laters

Shakeyd

:o It is sad news that because of the troulbes in BK this week BA have halted flights to BK for the next 48 hours and could extend this beyond.This also happened to Kenya this year when they had troubles and within a week almost all carriers into Kenya ceased flying there.The damage is still being felt by Kenya with tourism down by 60% year on year.During these tough times all it needs is one carrier or operator to stop going to a destination and the rest follow like lost sheep because the troubles is an ideal excuse because they are not filling flights and are not filling hotels as they planned.

Trust me my Samui friends this is not good news for those who depend on tourists to make a living from.

Laters

Shakeyd

I understand what you are saying, but you must realise that, apart from it's passengers, BA crews also have to stay in BKK for 2 nights at a time, so the company does have a responsibility for their safety as well.

Edited by dominator

Laters

Shakeyd

Not just BA. The NBIA has been closed totally for Departures due to PAD protestors invading the terminals. Thousands of passengers presently stranded.

This should be the final nail for Christmas Tourism in Thailand. I guess this will badly affect the BKK airways schedules as well.

Check out Bangkok Post online.

Laters

Shakeyd

Not just BA. The NBIA has been closed totally for Departures due to PAD protestors invading the terminals. Thousands of passengers presently stranded.

This should be the final nail for Christmas Tourism in Thailand. I guess this will badly affect the BKK airways schedules as well.

Check out Bangkok Post online.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Suvarnabhumi...html&st=475