Firefly Agent

Is there a ticket office anywhere on Samui for FireFly?... I need to go to Penang in a few days for Visa.

Does anyone know what days the flights are?...

Chaweng way down Beach Road's one way section, right hand, on the Corner of a little Soi, opposite "The Grill" Restaurant, passed "Mama Roma", there is an Apple (ipod) Shop on the Corner, they are the Agents for Firefly!

Sorry, no further information!

I flew with Firefly to Penang in August of last year. Interesting, on both outbound and return flights the cockpit door was wide open. Obviously security is not a great concern. Also had a friend fly with them who's departure was delayed for 2 days!! She arrived at check in to be told flight was cancelled and to return next day. Following day, she's told it's full!!

I believe they wont fly unless they have x amount of bums on seats, maybe things have changed!!

Ohh, and just to top it off, she got charged overstay when she eventually managed to leave.....

Can't remember flight times but they do have a website.

I have flown USM-PEN 10-15 times this year and have found them to be pretty ok.

Flight crew are friendly, and now you even get a free juice & muffin!

I recommend booking on the web as I think the price rises if you use an agent.

Their website is www.fireflyz.com.my

PS: I find you must use Internet Explorer - I have problems using Firefox.

Edited by ParadiseLost

Firefly is a nightmare.....flown twice this year..1st time big delays.....

2nd time....after a 1 hour delay we took off and headed to samui...the pilot came on the intercom and said weather was good in samui and we would land in 45mins subject to getting ground clearance...i am thinking that's a strange thing to say??

after 30mins circling samui (when i could see Chwaang clearly out of the window!) the pilot came on the intercom and said we were heading back to Penang...apparently bad weather...bullshit my friends were at the airport waiting for me!!...it was fine and other planes were landing.

So after 3.5 hours in the sky and doing two laps of samui we landed back in Penang, if you ever have been there you will know how i felt to spend 5 hours traveling and be back to square one. Anyway after a mini riot they agreed to put us up in a average hotel free of charge. 28 hours later we flew again after another delay back to samui....i have always wondered what the problem was....it certainly wasnt the weather

not a good airline but better than a visa van, you have been warned....My business partner once turned up for their flight and was told the flight had left 2 hours before!!!...not you don't here that happening everyday!!

Edited by snakehips