Flying To Thailand

Bizz

I have to get to Thailand within the next week what can I do.

There are those that will want to travel within the next month to Thailand and the options are with

Thailand’s main airport closed will be flying to Singapore flying to KUL. Hong Kong is a little far to be coming overland but I will leave the options open to those that may have subjections for travel.

FLYING FROM Dublin Amsterdam Frankfurt or any european airport

Edited by Bizz

If I had to go now, I'd fly to Singapore or KL and asses things from there. With Lightening Rod Somchai in CM I'd look at Phuket, but if You're end destination is BKK/Patts then Phnom Penh and Bus it as Dumball says. You'll need an appropriate visa for the land crossing into LOS (and an eVisa for Cambo.).

Luckily I've got a month to go, during which things may settle (or get worse :D )

We can at least look forward to ceasefire during an election now that the government have ruled it out. :o

Edited by phaethon

Virtually all flights to PP from Europe go via BKK and they will probably not go at all if BKK remains shut.

Flights into SIN and KUL will rapidly fill up as airlines book their first and business class passengers onto alternate routings. None of the other airports in the region can handle anywhere near the amount of traffic. If this goes on for more than a couple of days you can kiss goodbye to LOS until the airport opens again. My family and I are due to fly Sat 6th but I'm not optimistic if this continues. Sorry I'm not one of the optimists but alternate routings will disappear totally within the next day or two.

Flights into SIN and KUL will rapidly fill up as airlines book their first and business class passengers onto alternate routings.

Hope your correct there as at least I have a buisness class seat booked with Etihad for Dec13th for a 4 week stay but I hope it is all cleared up as all my hotels and internal flights are booked but it wouldn't be no real hardship to do a bit of a swap there.

Flights into SIN and KUL will rapidly fill up as airlines book their first and business class passengers onto alternate routings.

Hope your correct there as at least I have a buisness class seat booked with Etihad for Dec13th for a 4 week stay but I hope it is all cleared up as all my hotels and internal flights are booked but it wouldn't be no real hardship to do a bit of a swap there.

Well I know I'm correct on that point as its what airlines do in those situations. Unfortunately this depends on availability and if this drags on much longer there simply won't be any availability. Those that can are probably already switching flights or now booking KUL or SIN. You don't see many empty seats on flights these days, if you think about it if you put all the empty seats together on all flights on any one day heading into KUL or SIN from Europe its almost certainly less than 500. So the spare seat capacity is not much more than one jumbo going into BKK.

Airlines will refund when they cancel flights but that won't help most of us and its not much use looking at your travel insurance either to cover you for any hotels etc that have been prepaid as virtually no policy covers civil disturbance.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I have a really bad feeling about this; I don't see Somchai resigning and its unlikely PAD will withdraw whilst they have a world stage. Crossing my fingers.

Edited by roamer

There are those that will want to travel within the next month to Thailand and the options are with

Thailand’s main airport closed will be flying to Singapore flying to KUL. Hong Kong is a little far to be coming overland but I will leave the options open to those that may have subjections for travel.

You can check ticket by Thomas cook, fly from Brussel to Phuket.

The problems here are just growing by the minute, we are advised that Doha, Dubia and Abu Dhabi clogged up with passengers en route to Thailand, all hotels are full, and airlines will just not accept you boarding. The obvious alternates are already full for the next few days, KL and Singapore and Hong Kong where there are flights in to Phuket. It would not surprise us if Phuket were next on the list for closure as that has happened before. There is only one answer, don't even attempt to come until the situation is sorted out, but as to how long that may take, who knows!

---------------

There are any number of Russian Airlines (I use the term very loosely) fly charters into U-Tapao (near Pattaya) at this time of year. Try one of those if you dare! :o