Motorhomes, Thailand

kevin2008

no same here Kev, not much info as far as buying motorhomes in Thailand,,...but why not look for a toyota hiace,then put a rock and roll bed inside,...i don't know what it would cost importing from japan but there are loads available there(campervans and motorhomes) that is

Edited by dee123

..I am in the process right now of buying a Japanese Imported campervan, although that is to UK

No pump out or electrical hook-up facilities in Thailand as no one uses them. However there is one company/MB dealer in BKK who upgrades the MB Vito so it has convertable seats, a sink, table and "Thetford" casette toilet which is the nearest to a motorhome I have seen in Thailand to date - THB circa 3 million though !

...It would cost you next to nothing to get a local Thai mechanic to knock up a rock and roll bed frame,thenbuy a porta poti and sink with pump,..small whisper generator for power,....hey presto your'e in business.......PS stop stealing my ideas!!

Edited by dee123

there is an Aussie firm who lease campervans,...that I found online,.......and Gary what about the romance of sleeping under the stars

All you need to sleep under the stars is a blanket and even that is optional. Also how romantic is it to have to put out the sign IF IT'S ROCKIN DON'T BOTHER KNOCKIN

• 5 months later...

Try New Zealand.

There are millions of the bloody things here all going sloooooooowly in front of me.

I used to own a caravan in the UK years ago and I always tried to let people pass if I could.

Not here though

I have always thought it would be a good i dear to buy a second hand mini bus and convert it with the i dear of traveling around the kingdom then selling it after wards but a friend of mine put me off by pointing out that it would be incredibly uncomfortable sleeping inside a confined space with the heat at night.

How would one get over this problem?

There are proper motorhomes here in Thailand... most are used in the entertainment industry as trailers for actors/actresses on foreign movie sets (often around 5+ on any given set). Some can be seriously kitted out, some are basic with couches, bathroom, and a TV.

Poster above was correct about finding the electrical/water hook-ups required... it take a lot of juice to cool one of the bigger ones especially in the Thai heat... I've seen on multiple occasions single motorhomes with multiple aircon compressors. Even small OB (outdoor broadcasting) units in the small toyota vans will have their own aircon compressors partly because of the heat generated by the equipment.

I recall that one company had their motorhomes for hire, but sorry I cannot remember any details. But yes, there are motorhomes here and I would suggest ringing up the nearest production house for a relevant number to point you in the right direction.

Can only help with price guage. I saw a Vigo with a rather similar looking conversion to the pics sent in above from tb86 on another vigo. The conversion looked very professional with water and electric hook ups/A/C included. This was 6 months ago in the 'Sure' Toyota sales forecourt in Chiang Mai and it was priced around 1.2 Million.

regards Bojo

looks nice, 2 questions one is the cost of the conversion and the second, whats it like sleeping in side at night how do you cope with keeping cool?

was about 500k has aircon, run by the generator, its the yellow box attached to the back, its portable i like staying in it comfy with shower and bathroom, and bar, not suggested for extra large guys though....

Anyone provide me information on buying a motorhome in thailand (not caravan)....did google, and nothing. THANKS

I bought a Chevy 20 van has electric seats etc and bed has every thing but toilet and sink but works well with fly nets on the windows and sola fans to keep the heat down bad point 6ltr V8 guzzles the gas even on LPG its not cheap price second hand in good condition 600,000 Baht

post-21225-1242607713_thumb.jpg

slightly off topic, but how to comply with the law requiring you to report to immiigration within 24 hours after changing address? :)

Who cares........

It's not your address anyhow. Do you tell immigration when you drive to the shops? Or go on the overnight bus to Chiang Mai?

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...