100,000 Passengers Miss Flights In 3 Days

george

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wether it is 30000, 100000 or more it must be the opportunity of a lifetime for those lucky folk who have had the benefit of not having to go home and thus have further delights from Thai hospitality. They can also thank their lucky stars that they have made a positive contribution to reducing green house gasses by those planes not flying. It is possibly a debt of gratitude that they will be unable to repay for the rest of their lifetimes.

Typical inane brainless comment.

I hope you get stranded somewhere and have to spend days in an airport.

In 257 posts thus far, espirit has yet to demonstrate any wit or intellect.

You shouldn't anticipate any change in the near future.

LHR-BKK on Dec 1. They have been told by their travel agent, flights cancelled.

just a thought but could this be some kind of misunderstanding.

lhr-bkk cancelled , yes.

but rescheduled as lhr-utapau

I'd say you could be right there, see here; http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/eva...gkokFlights.htm

I was scheduled out BKK-LHR tomorrow on EVA, now it's Utapao-Dubai-LHR and a longer flight, but at least I've got a confirmed ticket. :D

I have to be at Utapao 5 hours before take-off as the normal check-in equipment isn't in place there, so it's a manual process. :o

Wether it is 30000, 100000 or more it must be the opportunity of a lifetime for those lucky folk who have had the benefit of not having to go home and thus have further delights from Thai hospitality. They can also thank their lucky stars that they have made a positive contribution to reducing green house gasses by those planes not flying. It is possibly a debt of gratitude that they will be unable to repay for the rest of their lifetimes.

They must be thanking their lucky stars that they lose their jobs and important business meetings, their children miss schools, etc. Lucky stars indeed. Tell me you're joking, please.

They must be thanking their lucky stars that they lose their jobs and important business meetings, their children miss schools, etc. Lucky stars indeed. Tell me you're joking, please.

I have reported Esprit for trolling already.

Don't give him any oxygen.

I'm curious. Has any airline offered to give a refund, given the circumstances?

Has anyone out there with confirmed reservations (on any airlines), whose flight/s were canceled, been offered an on the spot refund? Or, is one just stuck on some endless wait list? I'm asking more for people flying into Thailand on holiday and expats who have reservations to fly out of the country on a short holiday. Not people who need to get in or out.

eva uk have offered those who have already had flights into bangkok cancelled or those with bookings next week the option of a full refund or another flight once the airport opens , but because of heavy high season bookings cannot offer any seats until well into january

No way out

BANGKOK: -- Almost 100,000 foreign tourists are still unable to return home, but the number of passengers stranded by the closure of Suvarnabhumi airport may double or triple if the situation is prolonged.

The Tourism and Sport Ministry would need at least 200 million baht a day, based on 2,000 baht per head for accommodation and meals, as expenses for stranded tourists, according to Minister Weerasak Kohsurat.

Hmmm...that sounds like a good deal: Baht 2.000 per head including accommodation and meals per head/day. I wonder HOW they do that......:o

The average tourist in 2007 spent Baht 4.120/day

LaoPo

I'm stuck in bloody Hong Kong with my Mrs, imagine how much that is costing!

Our businesses have lost over 250,000 baht because we can't return home, and I don't know how much in hotels and bullshit.

PAD is improving Thailand. You should be thankful and kiss their feet and carry their photos in your wallets.

Please add this as a new topic (seems that I am not allowed for some reason!!!)

For Immediate Release - 16:00, November 29

CAL Cancels and Reroutes Bangkok Flights

As Thai Protesters Shut Down BKK Airport

November 29, 2008, 16:00, Taipei, Taiwan –Due to the ongoing political turmoil that has caused Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport to shut down, China Airlines announces that flights serving Bangkok have been cancelled or rerouted as follows:

November 30

Flight CI-831 from Hong Kong to Bangkok and the return flight CI-832 have been cancelled.

Flight CI-833 from Taipei to Bangkok and the return flight CI-834 have been cancelled.

Flight CI-835 from Taipei to Bangkok and the return flight CI-836 have been cancelled.

Flight CI-839 from Kaohsiung to Bangkok and the return flight CI-840 have been cancelled

Flight CI-065/066 Taipei - Bangkok – Amsterdam v.v. have been rerouted to Taipei –Chiang Mai – Amsterdam v.v., and will use a B747-400 aircarft, with a total of 397 seats.

CI-065 Taipei –Chiang Mai ETD 22:20 // ETA 01:10+1/1 Dec

Chiang Mai – Amsterdam ETD 02:30/1 Dec// ETA 09:00+1/1 Dec

CI-066 Amsterdam–Chiang Mai ETD 14:25/1 Dec// ETA 07:10+1/2 Dec

Chiang Mai –Taipei ETD 09:30/2 Dec// ETA 14:00/2 Dec

December 01

Flight CI-065/066 Taipei - Bangkok – Amsterdam v.v. have been rerouted to Taipei –Chiang Mai – Amsterdam v.v., and will use a B747-400 aircarft, with a total of 397 seats.

CI-065 Taipei –Chiang Mai ETD 22:20 // ETA 01:10+1/2 Dec

Chiang Mai – Amsterdam ETD 02:30/2 Dec// ETA 09:00/2 Dec

CI-066 Amsterdam –Chiang Mai ETD 14:25/2 Dec// ETA 07:10+1/3 Dec

Chiang Mai –Taipei ETD 09:30/3 Dec// ETA 14:00/3 Dec

Flight CI-067/068 Taipei - Bangkok – Rome v.v. have been rerouted to Taipei –Chiang Mai – Rome v.v., and will use a A343-300 aircarft, with a total of 276 seats.

CI-067 Taipei –Chiang Mai ETD 23:35 // ETA 02:15+1/2 Dec

Chiang Mai –Rome ETD 03:45/2 Dec// ETA 11:10/2 Dec

CI-068 Rome –Chiang Mai ETD 13:15/2 Dec// ETA 05:45+1/3 Dec

Chiang Mai –Taipei ETD 07:05/3 Dec// ETA 11:35/3 Dec

Passengers are advised to visit CAL’s website, www.china-airlines.com, before leaving for the airport. For the most up-to-date flight information, please call the following hotlines:

Taipei Customer Service Hotline: 02-2715-1212

Kaohsiung Customer Service Hotline: 07-282-6141

Taoyuan International Airport: 03-398-8888

Kaohsiung International Airport: 07-801-2674

Seems there is now a glimmer of hope for my flight next week Ams-bkk (mayme Chiang Mai or Utapo, but who cares as long as I get there!!!!!!

The government began shuttling thousands of stranded tourists by bus to U-Tapao, a Vietnam War-era naval airbase 150 km (90 miles) east of Bangkok, as an alternative landing site for airlines, but tourists reported delays and confusion

source: http://www.forbes.com/afxnewslimited/feeds...afx5755865.html

U-TAPAO jumps from 14 charters a day to 57! Some interviewed tourists said they will come back anyway.

Last video regarding U-TAPAO airport here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Chaos-Bangkok-t225194.html

Our businesses have lost over 250,000 baht because we can't return home, and I don't know how much in hotels and bullshit.

PAD is improving Thailand. You should be thankful and kiss their feet and carry their photos in your wallets.

The PAD have driven a wedge through Thailand, I'd happily piss on their photos and sh1t on their feet.

Apparently, Sondhi L. just might enjoy this "shower". The lead fetishist of PAD has already revealed quite an attraction to the spiritual protective powers of used tampons.

I reckon the PAD will leave the airport on the 2nd of December if on that day the courts order the PPP to dissolve.

Then add another 2 to 5 days to sweep the airport and to test all facilities and get them online again.

By then there will be a 9 to 12 days back log of outbound travellers to move out.

There's normally 30,000 outbound travelers per day, lets say with U-tapao, Chiang Mai and Phuket working at capacity to absorb some of these travellers that 20,000 persons per day will remain stuck in Thailand.

That's between 270,000 and 360,000 travellers waiting to move out when the flights resume.

Assuming that airlines can increase capacity by 50% (filling up business and 1st class and the occasional extra flight, and of course the lack of short term visitors which can't arrive here with everything shut down) will mean they'll need between 18 and 24 days to get this back log cleared!

Ouch, lucky I don't have to go anywhere soon!

I'm curious. Has any airline offered to give a refund, given the circumstances?

Has anyone out there with confirmed reservations (on any airlines), whose flight/s were canceled, been offered an on the spot refund? Or, is one just stuck on some endless wait list? I'm asking more for people flying into Thailand on holiday and expats who have reservations to fly out of the country on a short holiday. Not people who need to get in or out.

A friend informed me what Nok did:

I was booked on Nok Air to fly from BKK to UDT on the 28th. The airline called me to say it was cancelled. They offered me three options:

1. Re-book the flight for a later date. (pretty hard to do under the circumstances)

2. Hold the ticket for use within a 90 day period.

3. Refund the purchase price of the unused portion of the ticket. ( in my case it would be an adjustment to my credit card bill)

I'm hoping Air Asia follows suit.

The PAD have driven a wedge through Thailand, I'd happily piss on their photos and sh1t on their feet.

Apparently, Sondhi L. just might enjoy this "shower". The lead fetishist of PAD has already revealed quite an attraction to the spiritual protective powers of used tampons.

I’m curios......1890 euro per day lost from your businesses only because you don’t work 3 days....685.000 euro per year,wow if you are so rich why you don’t rent one car whit driver, you go chang mai, and from there you can go in business class every where... Please when all stop say something stupid about money or tourist... Is only a delay of 3 DAYS!!!!!!! And for last...which company in Europe or USA fired someone because cannot go back in a case like this??? Stop does the victim pleases and use internet for talk and resolve some problem whit the work... IS 2008!!!!!! and internet work in thailand. ciao

ciao

Hi.

I have to agree with Oceano.

A bus trip to Chiang Mai cost how much, 600 Baht? And from Chiang Mai you can fly to where ever you like. If people really had to leave the country so urgently, there are plenty of ways to do so, but no - stay on and keep whining. Rather typical.

Regards....

Thanh

A bus trip to Chiang Mai cost how much, 600 Baht? And from Chiang Mai you can fly to where ever you like.

Oh yeah, problem solved. Just fly Chiang Mai - Los Angeles, or Chiang Mai - London. Or maybe they don't serve 100,000 passengers there per day?

I reckon the PAD will leave the airport on the 2nd of December if on that day the courts order the PPP to dissolve.

Then add another 2 to 5 days to sweep the airport and to test all facilities and get them online again.

By then there will be a 9 to 12 days back log of outbound travellers to move out.

There's normally 30,000 outbound travelers per day, lets say with U-tapao, Chiang Mai and Phuket working at capacity to absorb some of these travellers that 20,000 persons per day will remain stuck in Thailand.

That's between 270,000 and 360,000 travellers waiting to move out when the flights resume.

Assuming that airlines can increase capacity by 50% (filling up business and 1st class and the occasional extra flight, and of course the lack of short term visitors which can't arrive here with everything shut down) will mean they'll need between 18 and 24 days to get this back log cleared!

Ouch, lucky I don't have to go anywhere soon!

It all depends on the control tower if they have been into that I would think it will take longer.

The airlines will be cautious to re use the airport which may also slow things down once it reopens.

And lets not forget the usual mass exodus of foreigners at christmas time if they can't get caught flying people out by the 19th it will be a big problem.

Its going to get worse the longer it goes on.

Edited by nickynomates

I forget…Thai government surcharge tourist and resident for everything’s they can, everybody stolen the maximum to us everyday….hundreds milions of euro and I must be sorry for them???

IT’s time they understand what does it mean when they said: FARANG GO HOME.

ciao

I have reported Esprit for trolling already.

Don't give him any oxygen.

Actually Grandpops, considering the recent date that you joined TV and your vary recent tirades, I suspect that indeed it is you who have been a troll, am I correct ?

A bus trip to Chiang Mai cost how much, 600 Baht? And from Chiang Mai you can fly to where ever you like.

Oh yeah, problem solved. Just fly Chiang Mai - Los Angeles, or Chiang Mai - London. Or maybe they don't serve 100,000 passengers there per day?

Same for getting into Thailand. Etihad do not fly to Chiang Mai from Abu Dhabi so I am still stuck here in the cold, freezing weather miles from Thailand and miles from the lady I love, with no other option other than to wait until someone gets their finger out and solves this problem at Swampy airport.

Day after day I phone my beloved only to hear her get more frustrated at the pathetic goings on, yet her frustration is a small matter compared to many who are stranded, those losing business and businesses and others suffering hardships from this ridiculous act at the airport.

Ah well, from a personal point, here's to hoping the problem will be resolved before the 10th when my plane is due in.

OK tell me were you want to go and i will find a way for you....6 yrs of visa runs around asia, im sure i can find a solution...

Want try...lets go

OK tell me were you want to go and i will find a way for you....6 yrs of visa runs around asia, im sure i can find a solution...

Want try...lets go

It's not about where I want to go. It's where about 100,000 people (300,000 by Monday), will want to go to.