Thanks Etihad

G54

Seems like Etihad have got their act together at last and seems - if all goes well - that I will make it back next week, Swampy open or not :D:D:D

As an aside, what is security like at U-Taphao airport, in relation to it being taken 'hostage' by the PAD??

From Etihad website on their global page :-

Abu Dhabi - Bangkok - Abu Dhabi (Last update: 30 November, 1600 hours) Etihad operates special flights for passengers stranded in Thailand

Due to the closure of Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok, Etihad Airways has suspended its scheduled double daily services between Abu Dhabi and the Thai capital until further notice and the airport re-opens.

In the interim, Etihad Airways is laying on special relief flights from U-Taphao airport in Thailand to Abu Dhabi to help passengers who are stranded in the country.

Currently Etihad flight EY408 departs Abu Dhabi airport at 1400 local time (1000 GMT, 1700 Thailand time) to arrive at U-Taphao airport in Thailand at 0100 local time (2200 Abu Dhabi time,1800 GMT).

The return flight EY401 departs U-Taphao airport in Thailand at 0500 local time (0200 Abu Dhabi time, 2200 GMT) and arrives in Abu Dhabi at 0900 local time (1200 Thailand time, 0500 GMT).

Customers are strongly advised to check Etihad's website for the latest information.

Changes to the flight schedule will be updated on this page or through Etihad Airways' call centre (UAE) 800 2277 or your local Etihad Airways office.

Passengers in Thailand can contact Etihad Airways at its office or by calling +66 2 253 0099 or email: [email protected]

edit - sticky keyboard :o

Edited by G54

Best news I have read this week.

I am due to fly out on the 13th for 4 weeks and starting to panick about staying in this freezing place over xmas.

Typical, i always fly Etihad(gold card guest holder) but this time i needed to stay for over 1 month duration although Etihad were cheaper for maximum 1 month stay they were more expensive for over 1 month so i booked with Qatar. Whilst being of a similiar standard to Etihad, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, still waiting for a promised phone call to re-schedule my departure flight back to the UK even though i visted their Bkk office personally. They never offered any alternatives and even wanted to charge for changing the ticket departure date.......not impressed.

I am due to fly out on the 13th for 4 weeks and starting to panick about staying in this freezing place over xmas.

Typical, i always fly Etihad(gold card guest holder) but this time i needed to stay for over 1 month duration although Etihad were cheaper for maximum 1 month stay they were more expensive for over 1 month so i booked with Qatar. Whilst being of a similiar standard to Etihad, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, still waiting for a promised phone call to re-schedule my departure flight back to the UK even though i visted their Bkk office personally. They never offered any alternatives and even wanted to charge for changing the ticket departure date.......not impressed.

I am also extremely happy with the news from Etihad and am also sick of the freezing cold. It was -4 deg C when I walked home from the pub on Saturday morning. The week before that it snowed on the way home!!! 10 a.m. and the cars are still covered with ice !!!

Compare that to warm, sunny (not at 1 a.m. :D ), Thailand and I will be very glad to be on that plane from Manchester on Monday and back in the arms of my beloved as she and my friend drive to the airport to pick me up.

One drag is the time change from Abu Dhabi, but I can cope with that :D

OOPS!! Changed from Etihad to Qatar?? Now I do feel for you. Must be a bit like a PAD member changing to to a red shirt subscription after becoming a fully paid up member :o:D

At least with my Silver card (not quite up to your standard :burp: ) I get to lounge around at the airport guest lounge, get a shower to freshen up and some nosh down my neck. I'll need that with my travel itinary. Dep home 21-00 Sunday. Arrive home Thailand 48 hours later or so to a BIG kiss and cuddle and .....

:D:wai::P :jerk: :burp:

You booked Qatar whilst holding gold on Etihad because of a (small) price difference?

I have silver on Etihad and would like to ask you what are the REAL benefits to hold gold over silver?

I flew eco (coral) last month, got upgrade to pearl (business) at check in counter and to first on the first leg at boarding time :o , was impressed. I think I just was lucky, heard plane was overbooked.

I had silver on Qatar and was going to have gold (flying business for the second time) when they changed the rules from month of joining to 1st of Jan, thus missing gold. Changed to Etihad one year ago, fly 2x year to Europe.

Good for you. But I have 25 pax stranded with Etihad

and send someone to their temporary tk office in Radisson hotel

and get turned away every day twice, this morning again.

Even Khun Nu of Etyhad 085 989 5990 seems to have lost all courage and doesn t pick up the phone.

Whats occuring here? what was the "TYPICAL" flame for.

I dont have a gold card but I will have a business seat if plane gets off the ground, I just want to get away and relax somewhere hot or at least warm.

I am also extremely happy with the news from Etihad and am also sick of the freezing cold. It was -4 deg C when I walked home from the pub on Saturday morning. The week before that it snowed on the way home!!! 10 a.m. and the cars are still covered with ice !!!

Compare that to warm, sunny (not at 1 a.m. :D ), Thailand and I will be very glad to be on that plane from Manchester on Monday and back in the arms of my beloved as she and my friend drive to the airport to pick me up.

One drag is the time change from Abu Dhabi, but I can cope with that :D

OOPS!! Changed from Etihad to Qatar?? Now I do feel for you. Must be a bit like a PAD member changing to to a red shirt subscription after becoming a fully paid up member :o:D

At least with my Silver card (not quite up to your standard :burp: ) I get to lounge around at the airport guest lounge, get a shower to freshen up and some nosh down my neck. I'll need that with my travel itinary. Dep home 21-00 Sunday. Arrive home Thailand 48 hours later or so to a BIG kiss and cuddle and .....

:D:wai::P :jerk: :burp:

Hope you are back in the arms of your beloved and enjoying a cool beer in the sun G54