Chiang Mai To Nong Khai.

Mosha

A friend of a friend is in Sweden. She is Thai and her mum lives in Nog Khai. Her mum is very sick and she is desperate to get home to see her. I have read that China Airlines have rerouted flight CI 066 which flies AMS-BKK-TPE through Chiang Mai instead. Does anyone know the quickest way to Nong Khai from Chiang Mai. Are there flights or a regular bus or mini bus services? TIA

A friend of a friend is in Sweden. She is Thai and her mum lives in Nog Khai. Her mum is very sick and she is desperate to get home to see her. I have read that China Airlines have rerouted flight CI 066 which flies AMS-BKK-TPE through Chiang Mai instead. Does anyone know the quickest way to Nong Khai from Chiang Mai. Are there flights or a regular bus or mini bus services? TIA

no flights=not even close by. thats good=that means the existing buses etc wont be swamped with airpassengers seeking alternatives!

NO direct bus-from Arcade=-the big busstation in Cmai 2 daily overnite buses run to UDORN-60 kms south and with a frequent onward link. Takes all night-and cost maybe 6/700 THB or so. NO online booking possible. By day also a direct bus to Khon Khaen-some 150 kms south of NKao.

If that other member is Thai-then she should know about this.

the very same Q with the usual all possible answers was [posted here maybe 2 weeks ago-use searcjh to find it+ all further ''warnings'' etc.

If the flight from Chiang Mai to Udon is not available there is a flight to Vientianne , Laos. Located just across the river from Nong Khai. Then hire a taxi from the airport to the Friendship bridge, enter Thailand again at Nong Khai.

I flew to Udon from CM a couple of years ago. There is a mini van service to Nong Khai from the airport in Udon Thani.

Edited by Sabaidii