Etihad Doing Its Bit To Help Those To Escape

G54

While some dither and waffle and others contribute to global warming with all the hot air they are spouting, it is nice to see this airline has got its act together :o

Doubly pleasing for me as I am booked with them already for my return leg to LOS.

Me? Plugging Etihad? Well, why not. (hope the mods do not see this as advertising :D ) Maybe some others might be able to get on a flight with Etihad in or out and if this helps I am more than happy to post it.

Abu Dhabi - Bangkok - Abu Dhabi (Last update: 01 December, 1600 hours)

Etihad relief flights from Thailand continue

Etihad Airways is to operate its fourth special flight today between U-Tapao airport in Thailand to Abu Dhabi to help passengers who have been stranded in the country since the start last week’s of civil unrest and the closure of the major international airports in the capital, Bangkok.

The national airline of the UAE has so far flown 1,200 passengers on its three relief flights with a further 378 people set to travel today (Monday, December 1) from U-Tapao, an airport 150 kilometres east of Bangkok.

Etihad relief flight EY408 departs Abu Dhabi airport at 1400 local time (1000 GMT, 1700 Thailand time) to arrive at U-Tapao airport in Thailand at 0100 local time (2200 Abu Dhabi time,1800 GMT). The return flight EY401 departs U-Tapao airport at 0500 local time (0200 Abu Dhabi time, 2200 GMT) and arrives in Abu Dhabi at 0900 local time (1200 Thailand time, 0500 GMT).

The airline suspended its double daily service to Suvarnabhumi airport following its closure on Wednesday evening, November 26. Services will be resumed when the airport reopens.

Changes to the flight schedule will be updated on this page or through Etihad Airways’ call centre (UAE) 800 2277 or your local Etihad Airways office.

Passengers in Thailand can contact Etihad Airways at its office or by calling +66 2 253 0099 or email:

I have been waiting for four days for a reply to my email to Etihad. I was hoping that emails were being handled out of Abu Dhabi and the resources would be available.

When I try to call Etihad all phone lines are engaged of course.

Will have to travel to Bangkok to go to the office tomorrow. I would prefer to wait this out where I am, but without knowing when I will be rescheduled to leave this is out of the question.

As ever, when there is a problem the phone lines become very busy and companies never sem to be able to open extra lines and divert staff to answer these phones.

All my info has come from Etihad global website page as I too have not been able to get through. Cannot see it getting any better for a few days at least.

Good luck in getting your problem resolved.

Same here, impossible to reach them in Thailand, no reply on e-mails..

Managed to reach them through their hotline in Abu Dhabi (+97126939711), but info wasn't very useful

So I'll have to go to their Bangkok office tomorrow, then probably to Bitec and from there to U-Tapao ..(flight planned friday morning)

I went to the Etihad office on wednesday afternoon, I was originally due to travel that evening. After waiting several hours with a few hundred others. I was assigned a ticket out from U-Tapao at 5 am next morning and then a connecting flight to LHR. I was told that I was extremely fortunate. I then went down to the checkin at BITEC at 8 pm. I arrived at Heathrow 10 hours later than my originally scheduled arrival time. Incredible, I had been thinking I would have to stay in Thailand for a month in order to get a flight out.

All credit must go to Etihad for arranging the flights from U-Tapao.

I went to the Etihad office on wednesday afternoon, I was originally due to travel that evening. After waiting several hours with a few hundred others. I was assigned a ticket out from U-Tapao at 5 am next morning and then a connecting flight to LHR. I was told that I was extremely fortunate. I then went down to the checkin at BITEC at 8 pm. I arrived at Heathrow 10 hours later than my originally scheduled arrival time. Incredible, I had been thinking I would have to stay in Thailand for a month in order to get a flight out.

All credit must go to Etihad for arranging the flights from U-Tapao.

Glad to hear you got home OK, albeit late and with some added hassle that you could have done without.

Now I see Etihad are saying they are running 3 flights a day from BKK, but with conditions attached.

quote from global website :-

Etihad will continue to operate relief flights from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi Airport until further notice.- From Friday December 5 to Sunday December 7, Etihad will operate thrice daily from Suvarnabhumi airport (Bangkok) to Abu Dhabi. Two of these flights (EY401/407) will be operated by Etihad as per our normal schedule and a third flight will provide additional capacity on the route (9W 8145 - Dep 0910 Thailand time. Arr 1215 UAE time). It will not be possible to buy tickets that involve a Bangkok to Abu Dhabi sector until December 8 at the earliest.

• 10 months later...

I was caught up in this mess too. Same problem, couldn't get through on the phone, only to Abu Dhabi who weren't helpful. Went to BKK office & had to wait many hours.

They flew me out 3 days after my scheduled flight. However it wasn't all bad........... 3 nights in a very nice 4* Hotel, full board courtesy of the TAT. :)

Could have stayed another 3 if i'd wanted. TGF allowed to stay with me, but only breakfast free for her.