Long Rent

greenwater

Hello everybody.

I'm not married with thai lady and I know that I can't buy land...that I need a company with thai maiority.....or do a lease (30 years)....or buy a overpriced apartment if I want full property.

But, what about to do a very long rent??

Example: I buy a detached house for 5 million baht and, instead of to do a "company" or "lease" etc etc...

I want to stipulate a 300 YEARS rent contract (of course with the clausole that the rent is already full paid in advance and all the house's expenses and works will be mine) with possibility to sub rent whenever I want.

It is possible??

Hello everybody.

I'm not married with thai lady and I know that I can't buy land...that I need a company with thai maiority.....or do a lease (30 years)....or buy a overpriced apartment if I want full property.

But, what about to do a very long rent??

Example: I buy a detached house for 5 million baht and, instead of to do a "company" or "lease" etc etc...

I want to stipulate a 300 YEARS rent contract (of course with the clausole that the rent is already full paid in advance and all the house's expenses and works will be mine) with possibility to sub rent whenever I want.

It is possible??

Mate, the property forum on here is full of experts ( :o ) that can help you with this and other related questions.

The Thai civil law codes (as in most other countries) sets the definitions of the terms relating rent/rentals and lease/leases.I believe any contract for the use of real property (house/condo) for a period up to 12 months is defined as a rental contract; and anything for longer than that would be a lease contract. It does not matter what terms you used in the contract itself. Therefore, the maximum legally enforceable lease would still be 30 years.

The Thai civil law codes (as in most other countries) sets the definitions of the terms relating rent/rentals and lease/leases.I believe any contract for the use of real property (house/condo) for a period up to 12 months is defined as a rental contract; and anything for longer than that would be a lease contract. It does not matter what terms you used in the contract itself. Therefore, the maximum legally enforceable lease would still be 30 years.

Thank you....but....my norwegian nexdoor neighbour have a 5 years rental contract (I see it with my eyes)..so, by the law, the contract is wrong??????

Thank you....but....my norwegian nexdoor neighbour have a 5 years rental contract (I see it with my eyes)..so, by the law, the contract is wrong??????

My understanding would be that what your neighbor has is a 5 year lease. It's just semantics...same difference...calling it a 5 year "Rental Contract" or "Lease" makes no difference. The document can be called whatever the parties want but if for any reason the parties ended up in court, the law would treat it as a lease and it would be governed by the laws pertaining to leases.