Mitsu Pajero Sport

chivo

It is really a good car. My friend from The Nation who is a motor journalist, often gets cars for test drive for week before he writes his feedback in the Nation. He drove pajero with me on daokanon high way. He was driving at 170 km/h, very smooth and great control. Not much noise like dmax. Acceleration is good.

I like the looks and interior too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am coming from a pajerosportsociety dot come website and also own one myself. I was driving for almost 10,000 km now and found no problem at all. What I love the most is the great suspension and 4wd features. The engine is not bad at all (3.2) but a bit noisy.

The average consumption is around 9 - 13 km/l which is very good.

If you want to compare it with fortuner and mu7 ( I also had experience with these 2 as well)

Fortuner is good for it aftermarket price and toy accessories (monitor+cruise+sound system) but bad with handling and stability control.

Mu7 is good with the power and yes more comsumption

Pajero Sport has less power in it class (but doesnt mean bad) but best in handling and suspention. Easy to get to 170 with awesome stability control and 4wd option.

What I dont like the most with my pajerosport is the monitor quality but i can change it with no high cost at all.

And if you ask why pajero not fortuner, all I can say is because of its price that is much lower than fortuner and its new look. I can spent the gap price to modify my pajerosport to have much more than what fortuner offer. Also the space available after folding back seat is much bigger than fortuner. that's all.

They do sell a white Pajero in Russia now, so I guess it will be here next year, when the new model vanity goes away.

I have driven the Pajero and I really liked it. My friend owns one and he likes it alot (he drives a benz, a accord, a civic, a vigo, a triton) and he still likes this Pajero so I guess it has to be good.

My other friend (different thread) bought one yesterday, the 2WD GT (I think).

I still have a think for the Fortuner and the White Captiva, but I love my jazz more than both of them.

don't forget the export model is different it has 5 seat's and white is now a popular selling colour around the world. Why do people need 7 seats in a 4wd in a mini van i can understand. Let hope car companies wake up and start asking the customer what they require. I know like 30 years ago i could order a Valiant ute in australia and told them what engine and lsdiff and colour had to wait 4 weeks no problem.

don't forget the export model is different it has 5 seat's and white is now a popular selling colour around the world. Why do people need 7 seats in a 4wd in a mini van i can understand. Let hope car companies wake up and start asking the customer what they require. I know like 30 years ago i could order a Valiant ute in australia and told them what engine and lsdiff and colour had to wait 4 weeks no problem.

The pajero sport and Fortuner, Mu7, etc., have 7 seats so that they classify as a PPV people carrier vehicle and pay only 30% excise tax. That's why other SUVs not specifically made for the Thai market are at least double the normal price, they pay crazy excise taxes. So the 7 seats is for tax reasons only, I took out the back seats in my Fortuner, two screws unscrewed and they are gone, so easy :o

• 1 year later...

I am looking at buying a new Pajero 2wd. I don't off road anymore and the only objection is the harsh ride with the HT tires , compared to my current CRV. My question is, has anyone changed the tires to LT or Passenger and if so what were the resuults?

I changed to 18" Falken tires, dropped the pressure down to a reasonable 30 psi and the ride is great. Be sure to check the tire pressure before you go for a test drive, my experience here in LOS that they run the pressure over what is listed on the door panel.

I changed to 18" Falken tires, dropped the pressure down to a reasonable 30 psi and the ride is great. Be sure to check the tire pressure before you go for a test drive, my experience here in LOS that they run the pressure over what is listed on the door panel.

Having and being happy with an older CRV we looked at and drove a new one. The new ones have a harsh ride so all things considered we went with the Pajero for features, price and the diesel engines due to the hellish fuel prices. The second test drive in the Pajero with a 3.2 convinced us. I had wanted the CRV with a 2.4 but hard to find in Thai and the local Honda dealer wanted to put us on the list for a June delivery. The Mistsu dealer said it would take 2 days to get a white 2wd with the 2.5 BUT he had a 4wd with the 3.2 ready to go, I'll take delivery this afternoon, so much for not needing the 4wd. I have not been without 4wd longer than I can remember so what the hel_l.

Thank you for the response ref tires. We have a cousin married into a family that has some of the bigger tires shops here, checking with her and her staff she recommded similar to you, reduce the pressure but leave the Bridgestone Dueller HTs on it. I asked the saleman to be sure the tire pressure was 30-35 when the vehicle is prepped today. Again, I appreciate the reply.

Got any pics of these you'd be willing to post?

I've been trying to get some ideas for wheels in the 18-20" range, but it's difficult to find images of PJS with 18's.. Lots of pics of 20's out there, but logic dictates that a 18" is going to have the best potential ride quality.

Having and being happy with an older CRV we looked at and drove a new one. The new ones have a harsh ride so all things considered we went with the Pajero for features, price and the diesel engines due to the hellish fuel prices. The second test drive in the Pajero with a 3.2 convinced us. I had wanted the CRV with a 2.4 but hard to find in Thai and the local Honda dealer wanted to put us on the list for a June delivery. The Mistsu dealer said it would take 2 days to get a white 2wd with the 2.5 BUT he had a 4wd with the 3.2 ready to go, I'll take delivery this afternoon, so much for not needing the 4wd. I have not been without 4wd longer than I can remember so what the hel_l.

Thank you for the response ref tires. We have a cousin married into a family that has some of the bigger tires shops here, checking with her and her staff she recommded similar to you, reduce the pressure but leave the Bridgestone Dueller HTs on it. I asked the saleman to be sure the tire pressure was 30-35 when the vehicle is prepped today. Again, I appreciate the reply.

I agree with the tyre pressure. When I took delivery of my 3.2 in Chiang Mai I went on a run to Chiang Rai to break it in. I thought that the ride was harsh and the road holding very poor. I stopped at a gas station to check the tyre pressure and couldn't believe my eyes. The pressure was at 50 on all 4 tyres, TIT. I keep my tyres at 35 front and back and am now quite happy with the ride and handling on the standard 17" wheels.

I've just installed a performance chip from racechip and am very happy with the performance upgrade http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chiptuning...I-D-2976-r.html

Cheers :)

Edited by Thaihog

I agree with the tyre pressure. When I took delivery of my 3.2 in Chiang Mai I went on a run to Chiang Rai to break it in. I thought that the ride was harsh and the road holding very poor. I stopped at a gas station to check the tyre pressure and couldn't believe my eyes. The pressure was at 50 on all 4 tyres, TIT. I keep my tyres at 35 front and back and am now quite happy with the ride and handling on the standard 17" wheels.

I've just installed a performance chip from racechip and am very happy with the performance upgrade http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chiptuning...I-D-2976-r.html

Got mine a week ago. I'm also happy with the standard 17", but mine was setup with 35 front and back.

I am very interested in your experiences with the performance chip. Fuel economy is not THAT important, but what's the difference in punch...?

Got mine a week ago. I'm also happy with the standard 17", but mine was setup with 35 front and back.

I am very interested in your experiences with the performance chip. Fuel economy is not THAT important, but what's the difference in punch...?

Mid range acceleration very good, noticeable difference..... 80-120 KPH and beyond just flies by.....

Cheers....

A few of us have had a lot of discussion on the PS in these threads:

Here

Here

and here

Some pics of my 18 inch wheels in the MU7 thread. :)

Love the car, so practical for the roads in LOS lots of room when going shopping, never have to worry if something we buy will fit inside.

That performance chip sounds great, will have to check it out.

A few of us have had a lot of discussion on the PS in these threads:

Here

Here

and here

Some pics of my 18 inch wheels in the MU7 thread. :)

Love the car, so practical for the roads in LOS lots of room when going shopping, never have to worry if something we buy will fit inside.

That performance chip sounds great, will have to check it out.

Lots to read there, thanks! :D

RE: The racechip - I've been in contact with them over the past while, and they now have a proper model for the Thai 2.5L GT as a result:

http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chiptuning...I-D-3799-r.html

While I'm still a little concerned that I'll end up churning out clouds of acrid black smoke, my order has been placed :D