Non-b Multiple Entry + Work Permit

I have a non-B MULTIPLE entry visa and am in the process of getting a work permit. Once it is done, how should I handle further permission to stay when my current 90 days (that's the permission to stay, not the visa. the visa doesn't expire until june 2009) is up?

I have been doing border runs every 90 days. Should I continue this with the work permit?

Or, is there the option to go to immigration and apply for an extension of stay, or is that only for when your visa runs out (and you have a work permit)? IF I can do this, an important question (to me): If I give my work permit back before June 2009, will my visa then be canceled? Or will I have 7 days to leave the country and then re-enter, still on my old visa? Or something else?

Many thanks! This stuff can get confusing...

I have a non-B MULTIPLE entry visa and am in the process of getting a work permit. Once it is done, how should I handle further permission to stay when my current 90 days (that's the permission to stay, not the visa. the visa doesn't expire until june 2009) is up?

I have been doing border runs every 90 days. Should I continue this with the work permit?

Or, is there the option to go to immigration and apply for an extension of stay, or is that only for when your visa runs out (and you have a work permit)? IF I can do this, an important question (to me): If I give my work permit back before June 2009, will my visa then be canceled? Or will I have 7 days to leave the country and then re-enter, still on my old visa? Or something else?

Yes you continue with your 90 day border runs, each time you apply to extend your work permit, which will get a new stamp matching the date on the stamp in your passport.

When your visa expires you will need to apply for a new one overseas.

As an alternative, you can apply to extend your permision stay before any of your 90 passport stamps expire, depending on your cicumstances based on a number of criteria under the new immigration regulations RTP 777/2551.

If you are on a non B multiple, it is unaffected if your Work Permit is cancelled.

However if you are on extension based on 777/2551 criteria 2.1, then your extension is cancelled immeditaely your Work Permit is cancelled.