Haad Piti Resort

johnsurin

Hi everyone.

I am traveling down south in the early new year with the wife, child and mother-in-law/babysitter and a friend and his wife from the UK.

I will be picking them up at the airport and plan a new years eve in Cha Am or Hua Hin, then heading south. I have been looking to spend a couple of nights some nice and quiet in Nakhon Si Thammarat.

I have found the Haad Piti Resort online as it look relatively cheap and was wondering if anybody here can tell me if it is any good and how close/far from the beach it might be, and if there is anywhere in the area that does farang food. The resort address is moo 5, sichol, nakhon si thammarat.

If anybody else has any other relatively cheap suggestions could you please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

John.....

Hi everyone.

I am traveling down south in the early new year with the wife, child and mother-in-law/babysitter and a friend and his wife from the UK.

I will be picking them up at the airport and plan a new years eve in Cha Am or Hua Hin, then heading south. I have been looking to spend a couple of nights some nice and quiet in Nakhon Si Thammarat.

I have found the Haad Piti Resort online as it look relatively cheap and was wondering if anybody here can tell me if it is any good and how close/far from the beach it might be, and if there is anywhere in the area that does farang food. The resort address is moo 5, sichol, nakhon si thammarat.

If anybody else has any other relatively cheap suggestions could you please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

John.....

If it's the place that I'm thinking of, just south of Sichon town, it's right on the beach. I've only driven by it but some teachers(Thai) from my school stayed there and had fun. As far as Farang food you may be better off going a little north to Kanom. Nicer beach and there's a bar/restaurant named "One more beer" there owned by an American. Several resorts to choose from. Sorry don't have any names or contacts. Google Kanom, NST.

Hi everyone.

Many thanks in advance.

John.....

If it's the place that I'm thinking of, just south of Sichon town, it's right on the beach. I've only driven by it but some teachers(Thai) from my school stayed there and had fun. As far as Farang food you may be better off going a little north to Kanom. Nicer beach and there's a bar/restaurant named "One more beer" there owned by an American. Several resorts to choose from. Sorry don't have any names or contacts. Google Kanom, NST.

Thanks for that ngangu.

I'm also thinking of sticking my head in around the Chumphon area. Has anybody got any ideas or recommendations on this place.

Thanks,

John.....

I haved stayed at the resort a couple of times, but not for a couple of years. It is right on the beach and I would happily stay there again. It was low season when I previously stayed there but it was very quiet and had a nice atmosphere , may spend a few ights there agai in the next few months.

Have a look at my website - there's reviews of lots of places around Nakhon, including Sichon and including Piti Resort.

The link is in my profile if the mods have to remove it from here - I can never remember which forums I'm allowed to mention it in and which I'm not.

Please remove this link if not allowed: http://www.everythinginnakhon.info

Cheers,

Mark...

Have a look at my website - there's reviews of lots of places around Nakhon, including Sichon and including Piti Resort.

The link is in my profile if the mods have to remove it from here - I can never remember which forums I'm allowed to mention it in and which I'm not.

Please remove this link if not allowed: http://www.everythinginnakhon.info

Cheers,

Mark...

Thanks a lot Mark. A really nice informative site you have there. I'm sure many other people will find it very usefull also.

John.....

It was nice last time I was there but that is a while ago now.

I will go there for 1 night in January, so I will post more details about the place if you want.

I have to say that I think that Kanom is probably better, and the food there is great, bit expensive but really good.

Merry X-mas...

Thanks a lot Mark. A really nice informative site you have there. I'm sure many other people will find it very usefull also.

Thanks for that :-) It's going through a redesign right now and will be relaunched after Christmas. I hope to get it better advertised and get a few more people to visit after then.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Had Piti yesterday with my boss on a survey for our upcoming camp...

For a family vacation 3 nights top it is ok, not very nice...

Lots of leaves in the swimming pool.

Rooms were not of a high standard, they were clean and ok but not very good.

The food there is a bit expensive, but it is a resort.

They do have a fitness room and UBC...

The beach was clean and nice, but only at low tide...

DO NOT GO THERE ON THE 15/16th of January, my students will be there and I guarantee that there will be no sleep that night...

Why did we pick Had Piti for the students?

Simply because of the rooms and the built in stage under a roof with a view of the beach. We can get two groups into one building and they can be fairly comfortable in the rooms as well. (They will not spend to much time there...)...

They have a large outdoor area for the kids to play and the swimming pool is nice enough ( I will throw someone into it).

I did take some no flattering pictures but I will not post them here. Just remember that pictures can easily be "fixed" up before it is posted...

Had a look at it myself yesterday. It looked awful from the outside, the walls were filthy and could really do with a good lick of paint, we didn't even get out of the car so I can't comment on the rooms.

We decided to head to Khanom, we looked at Golden Beach Hotel then had a look further down from it as there is about a dozen resorts advertised on the main road in to Khanom. We stopped at a brand new place called (I think) Sand Resort. It is all brand new beach style cabins made from brickwork and is absolutely 1st class. A deserted beach awaits you all for a very reasnoble price. (Mark White) when I get the time I will upload everything to my laptop and pass some info to you so you can add it to your site (if you wish).

Thanks again to all for your help.

John.

Had a look at it myself yesterday. It looked awful from the outside, the walls were filthy and could really do with a good lick of paint, we didn't even get out of the car so I can't comment on the rooms.

We decided to head to Khanom, we looked at Golden Beach Hotel then had a look further down from it as there is about a dozen resorts advertised on the main road in to Khanom. We stopped at a brand new place called (I think) Sand Resort. It is all brand new beach style cabins made from brickwork and is absolutely 1st class. A deserted beach awaits you all for a very reasnoble price. (Mark White) when I get the time I will upload everything to my laptop and pass some info to you so you can add it to your site (if you wish).

John.

Oops sorry, the name of the resort is Kriangsai resort.

John.....

John.

Oops sorry, the name of the resort is Kriangsai resort.

John.....

Sorry messed it up again. It's Rabiangsai (Sand terrace) Resort.

John.....