Cheaper Beer And !

NALAK

since times are hard now, well at least for us Brits at 50 baht to the pound i have decided to use my negotiating skills learnt over many years in business in the UK, before price was not an issue but now it is. in tha bars i drink i have had a chat with the owners and explained either the price comes down or i go elswhere, suprisingly all the bars that recently went up to 90 baht are now happy to sell at 60-70 for hinekien , san mig and 100 bht for shots and mixers. well i say happy but you know what i mean, i am now drinking cheaper than before the price rises and baht differential.Best deal is Flinstones bar (no negotiation just his normal price) in Chaweng happy hour all day and night, hiny and san mig 60 baht. one bar who used to chagre me 90 less 10% is now charging 70 less 10%. count the beers though just to make shore the odd one does not get added on, negotiate the price before buying, THIS IS THAILAND negotiate eveything.

!!! now 500 baht easly negotiated green mango reggae solo.

used to hate all those training courses but hey they come in handy now :o

p.s best negotiating tool you have is to walk away and go else where

Edited by NALAK

great, take money away from locals so you can get drunk, pat yourself on the back for that one. :o

who said they were locals, why because i have a drink do i have to be a drunk, have you never asked for a price reduction in Taihland, you are assuming they are locals and assuming because i buy a beer i get drunk. ASSUME ASS U ME ,yet to meet a Samuian running a bar, i guess when you go to the shops you always give 20% extra to the nice locals. suprisingly enough they respect it as not being a mug anymore.

i want to be giving money to the future locals thats why i need to shop around now, as i said before price was never an issue but i care about the future of me and in the long run the locals, No good to future samuians if i am skint back in blighty

Edited by NALAK

Why do you bother Nalak? In a different post you classify Samui as a dump;

nothing better to do so i just checked Bangkok Airways web site 20/21/22/23/24/25 December only one flight full from bkk to here, and thats the last promotion on i think it was 24th. if planes are full on those dates they never will, its definatly down massivly so and all i can say is som nam na what a dump this place is now

since times are hard now, well at least for us Brits at 50 baht to the pound i have decided to use my negotiating skills learnt over many years in business in the UK, before price was not an issue but now it is. in tha bars i drink i have had a chat with the owners and explained either the price comes down or i go elswhere, suprisingly all the bars that recently went up to 90 baht are now happy to sell at 60-70 for hinekien , san mig and 100 bht for shots and mixers. well i say happy but you know what i mean, i am now drinking cheaper than before the price rises and baht differential.Best deal is Flinstones bar (no negotiation just his normal price) in Chaweng happy hour all day and night, hiny and san mig 60 baht. one bar who used to chagre me 90 less 10% is now charging 70 less 10%. count the beers though just to make shore the odd one does not get added on, negotiate the price before buying, THIS IS THAILAND negotiate eveything.

p.s best negotiating tool you have is to walk away and go else where

David Brent... :D

one bar who used to chagre me 90 less 10% is now charging 70 less 10%.

which bar is this

Bar beer have been doomed since years ago with a few exemptions-

1. Same polite mamasan, always present since years back in time, will keep on running.

2. Bars with a lowprice concept tends to survive(No matter how the girls look like).

1 plus 2 is very good and iam already sitting there and have done so for the last 14 years.

Greed destroyed Koh Samui.

Mr Lamai

It is customers like you I do not want in my bar.I do not have the time to listen to a Stirling carrying person crying about 10Baht.Funny never has a local ever complained about price.

Ohhh what kind of locals come to your bar? Iam sorry but i dont belive a word of this input. If you had done some research before you payed overprice for keymoney and rental of your bar you would have found out that locals dont drink beer in a farangpriced bar.

Yes prices set for farang does not suit Thais.....Why would they come to you and pay 70-80-90-100-110-140 % extra???? People like you are a common thing here on Mui and when, after a while, you leave. You are soon replaced with a new "businessman" who do not understand the value of calculating percent.

Brgds Mr Lamai