Where Can I Buy Grass ? (turf)

Khutan

No this isn't a troll, I am not interested in other things.

I have seen around the ring-road in Bangkok, you can buy squares of grass. I am not sure the price, but I was wondering of anyone in Surin or neaby knew where I can buy grass/turf. I want to re-do about 1000 square meters, so to out that amount of grass in my truck would take about 12 trips.

I am just after a normal grade "Park style" grass.

There also are no major gardens "Suan" around, so I can't ask.

Any help appreciated.

Just for a laugh, the locals are disgusted I am going to lay 1000 m of grass and their buffalo's cannot eat it.

Why am I doing this, well I want a large open area, and to do a small park.

Any help appreciated.

Head south on the street with the railway station at the north end, through the roundabout passing post office and Bangkok Bank on your right, Thai Farmers on your left. Through two sets of traffice lights and you will pass Homemart and Isuzu on your left. Garden centre is then on your right befor the petrol station. Not sure if they will have 1,000 sqm in stock but they'll order it for you and likely deliver free of charge. I think it works out at around Bht 15.00/sqm.

Thanks, I will go up there next week and have a look.

Maybe I might buy 200m a week, its an aweful lot to lay in one go !!! I was looking at the photographs.

Funny it reminds me of when I was having a row of houses built in Australia, and I was amazed by how well it went - the Turf guy replied "Its amazing what you can cover with turf and paint"

A the next time it needed mowing, the number of bricks and pieces on concrete they laid the turf over...... :o

I live in a village not far from Kamphaeng Phet and the entire village is into the growing of turf. There are approximately 2,000 Rai growing at any one time here. You can buy it here at 12 to 12.5 Baht a square meter. Transportation not included in that price. They have large trucks and I am sure that you could negotiate the delivery costs cuase it would beat the heck out of your truck.

If you intend to actually buy 1000 square meters, get in touch with me by sending a PM and I will provide you with my cellular and my wife's cellular numbers and we will help set it up for you. I ask nothing for me, cause it helps the village. Let me know.

I have seen around the ring-road in Bangkok, you can buy squares of grass. I am not sure the price, but I was wondering of anyone in Surin or neaby knew where I can buy grass/turf. I want to re-do about 1000 square meters, so to out that amount of grass in my truck would take about 12 trips.

Any help appreciated.

Just for a laugh, the locals are disgusted I am going to lay 1000 m of grass and their buffalo's cannot eat it.

Any help appreciated.

I agree for once with javenram,that's where I got all mine from

• 3 weeks later...

In reply to Diggerbasher, there is a small garden centre inside Si Sa Ket which sells squares of turf. Can't remember the price but don't think it was too expensive.

If you where driving into Si Sa Ket heading towards the roundabout near the technical school / hospital. Instead of turning right to head towards the town centre and the crossroads / traffic lights at the main shopping plaza/KFC, head across the roundabout towards the hospital. Take the next right after the roundabout, before the train crossing, and it is located down this soi on the right hand side. (if only I could remember the soi's name!).

They may not have a large stock on display, but they get fresh delieveries all the time

Hope it helps.

• 4 years later...

Any help appreciated.

Any help appreciated.

This local stuff is crap. Tried some on my place. I am bringing in 50 lbs of kentucky blue from USA and will give it a try after rainy season. if I can get some folks to keep the cchickens off it 24-7 and protect it from the animals when it comes up, then I will have a real yard to be proud of and amaze the locals in sakon Nahkon

Head south on the street with the railway station at the north end, through the roundabout passing post office and Bangkok Bank on your right, Thai Farmers on your left. Through two sets of traffice lights and you will pass Homemart and Isuzu on your left. Garden centre is then on your right befor the petrol station. Not sure if they will have 1,000 sqm in stock but they'll order it for you and likely deliver free of charge. I think it works out at around Bht 15.00/sqm.

Isuzu closed that shop about five years ago :)

Other than that, its all good advice

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

you will pass Homemart and Isuzu on your left.

Isuzu closed that shop about five years ago :)

Must have closed up very shortly after jayenram posted this. :D

My apologies, I hadn't spotted the age of this resurected thread.

Bet Khutans grass is getting long now :D

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

• 2 months later...

Anyone know of a place around Ubon I could get nice healthy grass? We found one seller but his turf seemed half dead. Should we just drive to this Kamphaeng Phet place mentioned in the 5 year old posts above?

I just went to my local selling plants and flower place, she did not carry grass (sod) but she ordered it and had it delivered. I think it came from Korat. I live in Bua-Chet.

Hi Mike

We got our from the same place as Jayenram mentioned in 2004! (its still there too)

Dave