Bike Comparison

snowflake

I have a question and please take me seriously...

I have owned a CBR... I have owned a CB750... I have owned an old Suzuki 750 and a realative new ZX12R... so I have one question...

How much larger is the new 250 Ninja than the CBR, concerning size, not engine but seat with, bike length... Dont give me numbers just tell me if you know...

I know the CBR was as slim as a bottle of Coke and I felt "Gay" everytime I was on it...

How high is the bike?

I konw it is smaller than a superbike and all that... just how much smaller...

Please tell me... If you know...

Dont give me numbers just tell me if you know...

I know the CBR was as slim as a bottle of Coke and I felt "Gay" everytime I was on it...

Hmmm, no numbers allowed... The bike's about yeah wide and about this tall, blah blah blah. I'd venture to say it's not the CBR that made you feel gay :o Seriously! :D

Hmmm, no numbers allowed... The bike's about yeah wide and about this tall, blah blah blah. I'd venture to say it's not the CBR that made you feel gay :o Seriously! :D

Give me an explenation,,, I can find the numbers but use vocabulary...

Ex. The Ninja is much larger than the CBR... It is as wide as a Yamaha Nouvo... Get the picture???

Sorry but the numbers we can all find but it is difficult to imagine numbers... I dont have a shop here in town that sell the Ninja and I really like it...

How does it compare to a big bike???

Hmmm, no numbers allowed... The bike's about yeah wide and about this tall, blah blah blah. I'd venture to say it's not the CBR that made you feel gay :D Seriously! :D

Give me an explenation,,, I can find the numbers but use vocabulary...

Ex. The Ninja is much larger than the CBR... It is as wide as a Yamaha Nouvo... Get the picture???

Sorry but the numbers we can all find but it is difficult to imagine numbers... I dont have a shop here in town that sell the Ninja and I really like it...

How does it compare to a big bike???

In answer to the last question

IT DOESN'T AND IT WONT :D

Sorry couldn't resist. It does look very nice but to me is still a bit small. But then to me they all look small after the Rocket. I would favour gettng a good second hand bike against the new Ninja. As the saying goes

" THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT "

And believe me 2,300cc ROCKS!!!!!! :o

A 2300cc motorcycle in Thailand?! :D

YEP!!!!!!

The Triumph Rocket 3 2,300cc of British engineering excellence. The best miles per smile bike Ive ever had and is perfect for LOS. Ive done 15,000km all around Thailand and been to quite a few bike weekends and in all that time Ive never bumped into another one. :D

post-24982-1229315341_thumb.jpg

Oh my! The only thing you're missing is two more wheels :D:o

To each their own- I'm not a fan of cruiser bikes, but that Triumph is pretty cool. Of course you'd never keep up with any sport bike on the twisties and heaven forbid you ever ride in Bangkok, but if you like to tour on the big roads then I'm sure it's a comfy mile muncher.

Happy Trails!

I have owned a CBR... I have owned a CB750... I have owned an old Suzuki 750 and a realative new ZX12R... so I have one question...

How much larger is the new 250 Ninja than the CBR, concerning size, not engine but seat with, bike length... Dont give me numbers just tell me if you know...

How high is the bike?

I konw it is smaller than a superbike and all that... just how much smaller...

Please tell me... If you know...

Yes the CBR is very slim; great for being able to adjust yourself. However, the Ninja's seat is much wider than my (umh-humh)ample size 34(ish) rear. That width comes at a cost of adjustability. It seems that when you get on the bike you're forced into a particular place because of the kick-up at the rear and the way your legs splay off to the side (which is quite good for keeping the family jewels at optimal temp!). I may be crazy, but I'm assuming because the seat is so accomodating you feel like you're sitting inside the bike rather than on top of it as the CBR 150 makes you feel resulting in a lower appearing seat height. Reach to the bars is ok resulting in a very upright position for me and less stress on my wrists.

You are suppose to 'ride' as in drive the CBR! I'm not too sure what you are doing with it that makes you feel 'Gay'. I have ridden some bad bikes in my day but have never felt one was turning me gay. Perhaps you were referring to 'Gay'as in 'Happy' in which case you should save your money and race out and buy a CBR. :o

Perhaps its what you are doing with that slim bottle of coke that is making you feel gay???? :D

Sorry....but you led with your chin! :D

I feel gay whether I am on my CBR150 or not. It is a very macho bike, but small. As the macho, straight Crowboy can attest, a really fast stop on a CBR can crush the family jewels.

daveboo has ridden both. I have 38 inch waist, and a swimmer's build (small butt). The CBR fits me well. I am gay, but not limp wristed, and I find the reach to the bars to be comfortable, with fairly short arms.

I feel gay whether I am on my CBR150 or not. It is a very macho bike, but small. As the macho, straight Crowboy can attest, a really fast stop on a CBR can crush the family jewels.

daveboo has ridden both. I have 38 inch waist, and a swimmer's build (small butt). The CBR fits me well. I am gay, but not limp wristed, and I find the reach to the bars to be comfortable, with fairly short arms.

Peaceblondie, Can you just clarify what the 'both' refers to that daveboo has ridden? The CBR & ? :o

Peaceblondie, Can you just clarify what the 'both' refers to that daveboo has ridden? The CBR & ? :D

Dave rides a CBR150 and briefly rode a Ninja 250R. I'll say no more but look up IRON BUTT MASSACRE if you'd like to know more :D

I'm picturing broken fibreglass & shredded skin :o enuf said...

Peaceblondie, Can you just clarify what the 'both' refers to that daveboo has ridden? The CBR & ? :D

Dave rides a CBR150 and briefly rode a Ninja 250R. I'll say no more but look up IRON BUTT MASSACRE if you'd like to know more :D

Nah, leather kept the skin nice and rosy; the plastic was a bit scratched up and needs a respray.....

Nah, leather kept the skin nice and rosy; the plastic was a bit scratched up and needs a respray.....

I just read through that thred. Having said that, you will live to ride another day, thats the main thing. I've had one off in Thailand many years ago when I was just coming back from the shops after picking up milk.....err sorry I think it was beer, anyway, i had an off, was wearing my best pair of shorts and a t-shirt....theres nothing like leather in those situations. Anyway, onwards and upwards....have you gone for the pink re-spray????

CBR150R IMO swings more to the scooter breed kinda riding. The Ninja 250 is a proper bike and gives good performance for a 250 roadbike. Having followed one for 700 -/+ kms. I am impressed with it ability to hang with the bigger bikes. But then again thats more down to the rider than the bike.

But it is a good bke for BKK traffic.

However any riding done within the streets of BKK, one will not gain any pleasure from it.

The Ninja 250 is a proper bike and gives good performance for a 250 roadbike. Having followed one for 700 -/+ kms. I am impressed with it ability to hang with the bigger bikes. But then again thats more down to the rider than the bike.

Aw shucks :o Next time we need to ride some of the northern loops and twisty mountain roads together- that's what it's all about! :D

The Ninja 250 is a proper bike and gives good performance for a 250 roadbike. Having followed one for 700 -/+ kms. I am impressed with it ability to hang with the bigger bikes. But then again thats more down to the rider than the bike.

Aw shucks :o Next time we need to ride some of the northern loops and twisty mountain roads together- that's what it's all about! :D

Ya sure. Like your wingman. I am considering my options for second bike. A tourer with a bit of grunt.

Calling a motorcycle 'gay' sounds ridiculous! I suppose you would call me gay because I wear pink undies.... ahh, is that to much infomation? :o

Calling a motorcycle 'gay' sounds ridiculous! I suppose you would call me gay because I wear pink undies.... ahh, is that to much infomation? :o

Only if you were to have said "because I wear pink undies for the way they support my bits and bobs".....

YEP!!!!!!

The Triumph Rocket 3 2,300cc of British engineering excellence. The best miles per smile bike Ive ever had and is perfect for LOS. Ive done 15,000km all around Thailand and been to quite a few bike weekends and in all that time Ive never bumped into another one. :D

Never knew that existed. :D

And believe me 2,300cc ROCKS!!!!!! :D

YEP!!!!!!

Ah now! your not British then, maybe from one of the colonies then :o

Hum, a CBR 150 is a "very macho bike"? :o

British engineering excellence.

Ah now! your not British then, maybe from one of the colonies then :o

Is "British Engineering Excellence" an oxymoron like "French Military Victories" ? :wai:

I felt Gay once myself. :D

Then she slapped me and made me do the dishes ! :D

But I never feel Gay when I'm riding the Harley ! But Gay can feel me, if I let her on the bike and she stops slapping me ! :D

Not let me laugh that much, the 150cc with basically a bore-up Honda designed engine is a very "macho bike"? Anyway we talking about living history... as did anybody hear anything about new colors for 2009 or the yearly tam-tam about how good the bike is.... But what we see is that Honda Thailand has nicely grouped the dirty bikes together... The Honda CBR 150R and the Honda Phantom 200 are both called sport bikes... while the parts of the new Honda website is telling we are a green company.... more likely that the motorshow of 2009 has a line up of 250cc which cost similar.

Wow, I repeat myself, I said this about Kawasaki ...last year... And due to some problems and marketing misunderstandings it would still take 9 months for Kawasaki to but 250cc on the roads for the general public. But Honda knowing they falling behind, and trust me they really do, APHonda was once the rising star of Honda, now they are the biggest loser... of all Honda partner companies...

Pardon my exaggeration. The CBR150 is only a macho bike on the Thai under-600 cc market. It is much more macho than a step through or a Fino or even a Yamaha Spark or XR1 or Honda Click-I.But it ain't no Huayabusa or Ducati. Like the kid said, the CBR is too fast looking for his parents.