Bike Comparison

snowflake

The Honda CBR 150R and the Honda Phantom 200 are both called sport bikes...

Surely you are taking the piss... :D:D:D

Actually on APHonda's website they have both of them listed in the 'sport' section.

150cc and macho really don't belong in the same sentence... :D:wai::o

No more than a 250cc bike would be called macho in the real world......and yet those two bikes are about as macho as the average Thai can hope to afford.

CBR's do not look like a Lambretta, as the Fino does. Or like 4 speed step-through Dreams and Waves. It has six speeds, properly shifted, two disk brakes, tubeless tires, O ring Chain, high frame, ten liter sport tank, full sport fairings and graphics, clutch, mag wheels, sport styling. That is not macho in Edinburgh, Scotland or Edinburg, Texas :o But in Tie-Land, it is about as macho as under-600cc has ever gotten. But nowhere in the same league as a Triumph 2,300.

I have a question and please take me seriously...

I have owned a CBR... I have owned a CB750... I have owned an old Suzuki 750 and a realative new ZX12R... so I have one question...

How much larger is the new 250 Ninja than the CBR, concerning size, not engine but seat with, bike length... Dont give me numbers just tell me if you know...

I know the CBR was as slim as a bottle of Coke and I felt "Gay" everytime I was on it...

How high is the bike?

I konw it is smaller than a superbike and all that... just how much smaller...

Please tell me... If you know...

Yes the CBR is very slim; great for being able to adjust yourself. However, the Ninja's seat is much wider than my (umh-humh)ample size 34(ish) rear. That width comes at a cost of adjustability. It seems that when you get on the bike you're forced into a particular place because of the kick-up at the rear and the way your legs splay off to the side (which is quite good for keeping the family jewels at optimal temp!). I may be crazy, but I'm assuming because the seat is so accomodating you feel like you're sitting inside the bike rather than on top of it as the CBR 150 makes you feel resulting in a lower appearing seat height. Reach to the bars is ok resulting in a very upright position for me and less stress on my wrists.

Thank you for that answer, it really told me alot.

Gay as in happy, the CBR never failed to make me happy but still it was to slim for my elephant butt. The with of the bike and the lenght of it as well I felt were just two notches small so in order to get a fair view of the Ninja Your description was very good... I just wished that they would have a show model down here in the south... (Guess I just have to wait and see).

it is 150000 OTR, would it be better to buy a second hand VTR 1000 for 160000with a book? or would you still go for the Ninja? Or look into a CB400 or a look-a-like?

Not buying now, but next year (not to far away)... Thanks for all of your help...

Keep up with the limp wrists...

(PS. No pink underwear for me!)

Makes you feel "gay" maybe this is a good thing, meaning, you thought you were straight and now found

your true meaning while riding a CBR. Funny my new Yamaha Novio makes me feel bi sexual cause I am checking

out the both male and females while I passed CMU. What a fun little scotter it is.:o

Thank you for that answer, it really told me alot.

Gay as in happy, the CBR never failed to make me happy but still it was to slim for my elephant butt. The with of the bike and the lenght of it as well I felt were just two notches small so in order to get a fair view of the Ninja Your description was very good... I just wished that they would have a show model down here in the south... (Guess I just have to wait and see).

it is 150000 OTR, would it be better to buy a second hand VTR 1000 for 160000with a book? or would you still go for the Ninja? Or look into a CB400 or a look-a-like?

Not buying now, but next year (not to far away)... Thanks for all of your help...

Keep up with the limp wrists...

(PS. No pink underwear for me!)

I don't know what type of riding you do; if it's city riding and the CBR is too narrow, stick with the Ninja. I don't care what dotcom says, you're better off unless you're a complete nutcase (all offense intended dotcom!) on the smaller bike inside the city.

If you're more out in the country or do a lot of touring I'd suggest getting the larger bike. A VTR is a very nice bike, but don't plan on riding from BKK to CNX on it because the ergonomics will beat you up. I've never been terribly impressed with the 400's power output; they're supposed to be much higher than the 250 class, but I've yet to see one that the Ninja 250 can't hang with.

If you're really macho you can pull a NakedAir and buy an XJR 1300!

He Dave_Boo

If all rumors about the new Honda Hornet 250 are correct then is the 2009 model likely the end for the 400cc.

To early indications is the engine based on the “old” CBR250 four-inline-cylinders engine, with a few modern tweaks to make the engine more fuel-efficient and pushes the power output in the CB400 to CB600 range.

All this would be perfect for all the ASEAN countries, which will have all the same rules of engine displacement and creating with it a huge market for the 250’s.

As I now see it, will have Honda 3 possible 250cc bikes on offer next year, the cheapest being a single cylinder CBF250 build or assembled in Malaysia, a naked V-twin VTR-250 build in Japan, and a powerful four cylinder Hornet 250 which is also build in Japan and equipped with all the latest technology … Lets see what happens.. 2009 will again be an interesting motorcycle year

Edited by Richard-BKK

I am a bit of a nutcase on bikes, I do like to ride fast and that is one of the reasons I do not have a big bike now. I used to ride over 200Kph everyday before but those days are over. I would like a fast, nimble little bike that can fit my elephant but and looks the part.

The CBR is very nice but it is just to small and the ninja looks that little bigger... I wish I could get the two bikes side by side so I could see the true difference.

400cc's are nice and docile, the can go fast but it is just to painful... Just like my old CB750...

PS, my mate MR. VTR rode from NST to BKK in 7 hours and he walked a bit wierd afterwards... I do like the sound of the VTR... Deep barritone, just music to my ears...

I do like the looks on the Hornet... Will it come to Thailand?

Edited by snowflake

Snowflake i have a CBR250 you can buy if the price is right. she's a screamer,a strong engine with 19,000rpm redline, alpha 10 tyres,520 chain conversion, tail conversion with cbr600 led lamp and street fightered so good in all traffic from 10 - 170kmh.

and full plate, tax, insurance and the ever important green book.

mind you it would have to be a fair bit of dosh cos she does make me smile loads. and by the way her names SUPERsonic

Allan

@Peaceblondie,

I revise my statement about the Honda CBR 150R, it is a macho bike to Southeast Asian standard.

Thanks, and you know the SEAsian bike market much better than I do. You've been very fair and balanced lately toward the CBR150R. So, I repent about the Tiger Boxer 250. It is a fantastic bargain for only 72K baht (and at that price for a 250 on the road, who needs a police discount?).