Chiang Mai To Khon Kean

Niloc

If you fly pick the flight that leaves at 16:45, it's the quickest option. You'll have less than 1 hour at DMK. If you pick a morning flight you will have a 10 hour wait and still arrive at the same time in Khon Kaen. Info from Amadeus website. :o

Thai Airways International is launching flights between Chiang Mai and Udon Thani with a special promotion called "The Heritage" that features fares from 1,305 Baht (excluding tax and fuel surcharge) for a one-way economy class ticket. The new flights launch on 26 October 2008.

Flights between the two cities will operate daily, utilizing ATR 7 with 66 seats. Flights will operate as follows:

Chiang Mai – Udon Thani: TG 181 departs Chiang Mai 0805 to arrive in Udon Thani 0925

Udon Thani – Chiang Mai: TG 182 departs Udon Thani 0950 to arrive in Chiang Mai 1110

Edited by mahtin

Bus trips are not all that bad so I think I will gird my loins get the express down and back...

Thanks.

Colin

Bangkok to Khon Kaen recommend strongly travel with Nakonchai Air (bus company) great service VIP every hour and 1st class which is super duper plenty of room about 100 baht more expensive twice daily.

Bus trips are not all that bad so I think I will gird my loins get the express down and back...

Thanks.

Colin

Bangkok to Khon Kaen recommend strongly travel with Nakonchai Air (bus company) great service VIP every hour and 1st class which is super duper plenty of room about 100 baht more expensive twice daily.

Nakonchai Air Timetables in English http://primia.net/thaibus

• 1 year later...

Nok Air canceled their flights about 2 weeks ago between Chiang Mai and Udon. No flights between KK and Cm so you can fly CM to BK and then BK to KK or Udon. You can take a train CM to BK then BK to K or Udon. Or there is the bus from CM to KK and Udon, 9 to 11 hours, and finally about 9 hours if you drive. This is what I do.

They must have cancelled their flights to Khon Kaen as well. Still in the drop down menu though.

That's true about the drop down menu. Go to their Flight Schedule and put in CM to KK or Udon a big fat nothing comes up.