Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

From TopSpeed.com

kawasaki-er6-rr-by-hw.jpg

Kawasaki ER-6RR by Hoely

German tuners Hoely have recently put their hands on a Kawasaki ER-6n and transformed it into a faster, better looking and implicit more challenging bike that they call ER6-RR.

The engine now develops an impressive 98bhp – incomparable to the approximately 75bhp of the standard bike–thanks to a series of upgrades from which the gas-flowed head with an increased compression ratio of 13.8:1, balanced pistons, rods and crank, high-lift cams, advanced ignition, a modified airbox and a full Akrapovic system are the most important.

Chassis components have been borrowed from Kawasaki's top supersport models so the bike features ZX-6R's USD suspensions and ZX-10R's radial brakes. Yet, the frame hasn't been stiffen up so let's just hope they did the math well and this will manage with the around 23bhp extra.

As the picture shows, this Kawi is built to perform on the track and we reckon that the parallel-twin engine is now capable to be put against any standard four-cylinder middleweight sports bike out there. Now that's a great achievement to take in consideration!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favorite look is with these Dominator headlights. I like this look better than the K-Speed bike over and under setup. It just cleans the front end up. That samurai mask garbage was a terrible idea.

dsc01966smallvn6.jpg

These look really nice IMO. The big one's are OK, but the cross-eyed lights are awful.

Cool Pics Liam,

Fun to see all the mods, and agree that the Street Triple is one bad ass bike!

Your TWO BROS is arriving soon! My bro will be arriving from the US on the 23rd (Saturday) with the new pipes. (I'm having him bring over two). One for you and one for ??? (My ER6f???) :D

It will give me the perfect excuse to ride up and deliver it to you in person :):D:D I haven't ridden the bike since returning from the disaster in Tak and am getting itchy nuts from not riding!

Did you see the vid that Bard posted of the ride up to Doi Inthanon? Looks great and I'm so bummed I was stuck dealing with the tragedy in Tak and could not ride with you guys...

Hope to see you next week.

Happy Trails!

Tony

My favorite look is with these Dominator headlights. I like this look better than the K-Speed bike over and under setup. It just cleans the front end up. That samurai mask garbage was a terrible idea.

I kinda liked the under and over KSpeed one..

IMO probably the best looking headlight mod I have seen.

Looks like I'm the only one left on this thread. :) Well, after 35 pages just about everything that can be said has been said I guess.

I liked the look of this guys headlights. I'm sick of my bike's ugly mug.

dsc02511mediumpa1.jpg

Personally I like the above look the best- and if only someone could make a decent screen that looks something like what's on the Speed Triple, then this bike would look really hot!

Speed%20Triple%20_Carbon%20Fly%20Screen.jpg

Did you see the vid that Bard posted of the ride up to Doi Inthanon? Looks great and I'm so bummed I was stuck dealing with the tragedy in Tak and could not ride with you guys...

Yea, it's a nice video. I'd like to see the one going down that awful road on the back side of the mountain though. That was really stressful.

Looking forward to seeing you man.

Yea, it's a nice video. I'd like to see the one going down that awful road on the back side of the mountain though. That was really stressful.

Looking forward to seeing you man.

LOL! Yeah- that narrow little road down to Mae Chaem is an interesting one. It would be a blast if it was one way and you didn't have to worry about oncoming traffic running you off the road... :D:D:):D

can someone explain to me why the triumphs are so expensive here even though they are made here and why this kawasaki is so cheap or how all of a sudden it became cheap? the kawasaki er6n is imported right? who actually determines the price/markup of these things? or is it some tax loophole they have found or negiotiated? anybody think triumph prices will go down, couple nice models theyve and judging by the er6n popularity if they dropped price a bit im sure they would be just as popular.

can someone explain to me why the triumphs are so expensive here even though they are made here and why this kawasaki is so cheap or how all of a sudden it became cheap? the kawasaki er6n is imported right? who actually determines the price/markup of these things? or is it some tax loophole they have found or negiotiated? anybody think triumph prices will go down, couple nice models theyve and judging by the er6n popularity if they dropped price a bit im sure they would be just as popular.

This has been addressed a few times in different threads.

I'm paraphrasing and apologize in advance if some of the details are a bit off. It goes something like this: Kawasaki negotiated a domestic sales agreement into their BOI contract that allows them to sell their Thai built bikes as domestically produced goods, which saves them from having to pay the import duty. Triumph apparently failed to do this and as such even though they do build some twin cylinder bikes in Thailand (Triumph triples are still assembles in the UK), these bikes are subject to normal BOI rules and must be imported from the tax free BOI zone into Thailand, with all import duties paid.

Even so, there was an astute member on the GT Rider site who calculated the import duties and determined that Triumph Thailand is still taking the piss with the prices on their bikes in Thailand.

Same can be said for Yamaha. Have you seen the massive price increases Yammie implememted for 2009?

2009 Yamaha FZ6 for 490,000 Baht vs 2009 Kawasaki ER6n for 225,000 or ER6f ABS for ~280,000 Baht

2009 Yamaha R1 for ~880,000 Baht vs 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R for 650,000 Baht

Now if only Kawasaki would import the Ninja ZX6R, I would be sorely tempted... :)

It seems to me that Yamaha is not even trying to compete with Kawasaki... Doesn't seem like the best long term strategy, but as long as Yammie keeps landing multi million baht orders with the Thai Highway Police I guess they really don't need to worry about retail sales...

TiT Baby! :D

Yep, I like that look as well. Wonder how easy they are to install and whether they can be bought in Thailand? Removing all that plastic at the front might just make it a bit easier to fit a windscreen as well.

Wonder how he manages to keep the bike so clean? Must use about 10,000 cotton buds to get the crap out of all the nooks and crannies.

The ER6N shows up the dirt much more than my previous (fully faired) rides. The hugger, the engine, the tray at the bottom, just collect mud and dirt.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

^ LOL 12DrinkMore,

Guess you need to drink less and clean more :) Just kidding- kinda :D

Seriously though, I understand what you're saying, but I think perhaps you're going about this the wrong way. After all we live in a country where car washes abound and the most you'd ever have to pay for a thorough cleaning of your bike should never be more than 100 Baht.

After every big ride I tear my bike down before sending it to the local car wash- (For a "naked" bike the ER6n has quite a few plastic bits that are easily removed.)

050109ER6n.jpg

Here's my typical day at work: I wash the fairings myself at the office and ride the truly naked bike to the car wash. Properly used a pressure washer will keep your bike looking immaculate. Just have to teach the Thai kids to keep the pressure washer away from the chain, pipe and airbox.

The place I go charges 80 Baht for a wash and wax and they do an outstanding job. I particularly like the way they dry the bike with compressed air so that you don't get drips and streaks riding home.

Once back at the office I put the bike back together and give her a quick wax and she's good to go!

050109ER6n8.jpg

I stopped using that silly belly pan a couple of months ago. It serves no purpose other than to collect crud, and I think the bike looks better without it.

050109ER6n3.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

This has been addressed a few times in different threads.

I'm paraphrasing and apologize in advance if some of the details are a bit off. It goes something like this: Kawasaki negotiated a domestic sales agreement into their BOI contract that allows them to sell their Thai built bikes as domestically produced goods, which saves them from having to pay the import duty. Triumph apparently failed to do this and as such even though they do build some twin cylinder bikes in Thailand (Triumph triples are still assembles in the UK), these bikes are subject to normal BOI rules and must be imported from the tax free BOI zone into Thailand, with all import duties paid.

Even so, there was an astute member on the GT Rider site who calculated the import duties and determined that Triumph Thailand is still taking the piss with the prices on their bikes in Thailand.

Same can be said for Yamaha. Have you seen the massive price increases Yammie implememted for 2009?

2009 Yamaha FZ6 for 490,000 Baht vs 2009 Kawasaki ER6n for 225,000 or ER6f ABS for ~280,000 Baht

2009 Yamaha R1 for ~880,000 Baht vs 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R for 650,000 Baht

Now if only Kawasaki would import the Ninja ZX6R, I would be sorely tempted... :)

It seems to me that Yamaha is not even trying to compete with Kawasaki... Doesn't seem like the best long term strategy, but as long as Yammie keeps landing multi million baht orders with the Thai Highway Police I guess they really don't need to worry about retail sales...

TiT Baby! :D

thanks for that bigbikebkk, sorry if it was an old question re-adressed, i know i saw it asked somewhere before but couldnt remember where and i really wanted to know the answer, thanks for taking the time to answer.

^ LOL 12DrinkMore,

Guess you need to drink less and clean more :D Just kidding- kinda :D

Seriously though, I understand what you're saying, but I think perhaps you're going about this the wrong way. After all we live in a country where car washes abound and the most you'd ever have to pay for a thorough cleaning of your bike should never be more than 100 Baht.

After every big ride I tear my bike down before sending it to the local car wash- (For a "naked" bike the ER6n has quite a few plastic bits that are easily removed.)

050109ER6n.jpg

Here's my typical day at work: I wash the fairings myself at the office and ride the truly naked bike to the car wash. Properly used a pressure washer will keep your bike looking immaculate. Just have to teach the Thai kids to keep the pressure washer away from the chain, pipe and airbox.

The place I go charges 80 Baht for a wash and wax and they do an outstanding job. I particularly like the way they dry the bike with compressed air so that you don't get drips and streaks riding home.

Once back at the office I put the bike back together and give her a quick wax and she's good to go!

050109ER6n8.jpg

I stopped using that silly belly pan a couple of months ago. It serves no purpose other than to collect crud, and I think the bike looks better without it.

050109ER6n3.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Needs more cowbell :)

Got one last shot at permanent vacation, and how high can you fly with broken wings? Life's a journey, not a destination, and you just can't tell just what tomorrow brings. You have to learn to crawl, before you learn to walk, but I just couldn't listen to all that righteous talk, oh yeah - I was out on the streets, tryin' to survive, scratchin' to stay alive.

Needs more cowbell :)

Got one last shot at permanent vacation, and how high can you fly with broken wings? Life's a journey, not a destination, and you just can't tell just what tomorrow brings. You have to learn to crawl, before you learn to walk, but I just couldn't listen to all that righteous talk, oh yeah - I was out on the streets, tryin' to survive, scratchin' to stay alive.

Um... Dave... While I've about got the permanent vacation part figured out, the rest eludes me... hscratch2.gif

Is this an appropriate response?

Rock On! icon_buttrock.gificon_buttrock.gificon_buttrock.gif

Tony :D

It's a quote from an Aerosmith song, just like the 'more cowbells'.

LOL, Permanent Vacation was not Aerosmith's better albums, IMHO. Haven't dusted off that one in years! Toys in the Attic gets my vote for best Aerosmith album of all time-

You talk about things that nobody cares

Youre wearing out things that nobody wears

Youre calling my name but you gotta make clear

I cant say baby where Ill be in a year

Some sweat hog mama with a face like a gent

Said my get up and go musta got up and went

Well I got good news, shes a real good liar

cause the backstage boogie set your pants on fire

Rock On!

Hello Gentleman,

One year now in BKK and I recently purchased a Er6n from Karat and they delivered it to my BKK condo no charge! Possibly an option to waiting 3 months on the Rama 9 list.

Heres a link to the er6 (f) service manual ( Free) My first post and it appears I'm not allowed to add a url to post? Lets see if this works? ... so try adding the http colon // www dot (to the folllowing) thesparesnetwork.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=115&sid=dabf6b283d9fa7bf7cca507ecd2c0500

I don't have time to read through this tread now but I'm interested in doing some bike mods and connecting with others for some rides out of town.

Aloha,

Thom

^ LOL 12DrinkMore,

Guess you need to drink less and clean more :) Just kidding- kinda :D

050109ER6n.jpg

050109ER6n8.jpg

050109ER6n3.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

2 month waiting list for a black one at the Kwacker showroom on Rama 9 -went down there armed with 250k in cash and cannot have for 2 months - gutted - 10k deposit to secure or is it better waiting for the newer model - really pissed off

Bummer Richie,

I hear that the Kawasaki dealer in Korat isn't suffering such a huge back order and it may be worth giving them a call to see if they can hook you up a bit quicker: (Info courtesy of Kirky)

"MPC Motorcycles in Korat on Prajak Rd. The manager/owner is Khun Udomsak (speaks good english) 081 871 4221. Really really nice guy. They are a kawasaki big bike approved seller"

Last time I was at the Rama 9 showroom in Bangkok they said they had 50 ER6n's on back order and estimated delivery time for new orders would be 3 months!!!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey- for all the guys who inquired about the TWO BROS canisters that I had brought over from the US, they are already sold!

I should be getting a couple more in about a month, again, first come first serve and they are the shizzle! :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Bummer Richie,

I hear that the Kawasaki dealer in Korat isn't suffering such a huge back order and it may be worth giving them a call to see if they can hook you up a bit quicker: (Info courtesy of Kirky)

"MPC Motorcycles in Korat on Prajak Rd. The manager/owner is Khun Udomsak (speaks good english) 081 871 4221. Really really nice guy. They are a kawasaki big bike approved seller"

Last time I was at the Rama 9 showroom in Bangkok they said they had 50 ER6n's on back order and estimated delivery time for new orders would be 3 months!!!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Cheers Tony

regds

heavy pockets