Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH MAN! It's terrible it flies off everywhere so I'm going to throw it in the bin and go back to the blue wax.

Spent an eternity cleaning off ketten residue from the rear of my bike the other day, arhhh!

LOL! :) No need to bin it, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. Methinks you are using far too much, hence the fling and mess... I've been using Sonax Ketten Black for a long time and you know my bike is spotless :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

You know Ive almost gone mad looking for that Sonax ketten spray, everywhere Ive been, Big C, Lotus, HomePro, have all only had Sonax Mos2Oil & as Ive never seen this alleged 'ketten' spray I have ended up applying a miniscule amount of the Sonax mos2oil & like you said tony, even just using this <deleted>, which is basically just oil, using a little bit results in only a little bit of mess.

Back in my kit in Oz I have a new can of stuff, its new to the market and it goes on WHITE of all things, but absolutely nothing comes off and the chain is looking great, so it appears to be doing its job....this white stuff has a name, I just cant remember. Hopefully I get to reunite with it soon :D

You know Ive almost gone mad looking for that Sonax ketten spray, everywhere Ive been, Big C, Lotus, HomePro, have all only had Sonax Mos2Oil & as Ive never seen this alleged 'ketten' spray I have ended up applying a miniscule amount of the Sonax mos2oil & like you said tony, even just using this <deleted>, which is basically just oil, using a little bit results in only a little bit of mess.

Back in my kit in Oz I have a new can of stuff, its new to the market and it goes on WHITE of all things, but absolutely nothing comes off and the chain is looking great, so it appears to be doing its job....this white stuff has a name, I just cant remember. Hopefully I get to reunite with it soon :D

Oh! That Sonax stuff in the orange can is NOT chain lube! The Orange Sonax is more suitable as a de-greaser / water displacer like WD40. The Sonax Ketten Chain Lube in the BLACK can is available in pretty much all carrefour stores. It does fling more than the expensive brands though... If that's a problem then recommend you try more expensive lubes like Putolene or Motul, etc. I remember using a chain wax in the US that was white- can't remember the name though... :)

Ride On!

Tony

Testing the little puig screen today CM-Pai - it's great, actually. Removes a lot of wind from the chest, and some from the head. Together with the Arai, I have a new bike. 160 is no problem now except a bit scary on the roads up here, 140 feels like 120 before, moderate amounts of wind, not like before where it almost blew me off the bike. So all in all, a very good investment. I think it must be pretty close to the 650F Ninja now.

Arai helmet well worth the money too, nothing can faze this helmet, it's simply perfect. There's no wind inside, great visibility, great fit.

Testing the little puig screen today CM-Pai - it's great, actually. Removes a lot of wind from the chest, and some from the head. Together with the Arai, I have a new bike. 160 is no problem now except a bit scary on the roads up here, 140 feels like 120 before, moderate amounts of wind, not like before where it almost blew me off the bike. So all in all, a very good investment. I think it must be pretty close to the 650F Ninja now.

Arai helmet well worth the money too, nothing can faze this helmet, it's simply perfect. There's no wind inside, great visibility, great fit.

No blue wax in Carrefour only Ketten spray at 130 baht per can. Kawasaki dearler 140 baht.

Arrrhhhhhh!

Keep those good times rolling.

Oh! That Sonax stuff in the orange can is NOT chain lube! The Orange Sonax is more suitable as a de-greaser / water displacer like WD40. The Sonax Ketten Chain Lube in the BLACK can is available in pretty much all carrefour stores. It does fling more than the expensive brands though... If that's a problem then recommend you try more expensive lubes like Putolene or Motul, etc. I remember using a chain wax in the US that was white- can't remember the name though... :)

Ride On!

Tony

Well tony, I agree totally with what you are saying but if you read the instructions on the back of the Orange can one of its applications is that it can be used as a chain lube, they even display a motorcycle chain. Obviously its useless when it comes to oring chains & I agree its just like wd40.

I dont have a Carrefour nearby but next time Im heading north i will be sure to stop in and check, in the mean time I will lubricate with miniscule amounts of that orange shit, ive caught myself out AGAIN :D .

I will also make sure to bring a good can of white stuff (whatever its name is) when i travel again. Im just lining a ride up with a mate in Oz this afternoon.

it's probably a lot cheaper to buy elsewhere and ship here.

Singapore.

http://www.partsforbike.com/thumbnail.php?...=1&cat_id=3

Looks great, now if they only had some prices listed on their site...

You could always email them asking for prices. Most things there are at least 30% cheaper than in Bangkok. Except for helmets though... those are the same price for whatever reason.

Stop putting that cheap shit on your chains!

For you guys in Phuket I recommend you all to head down to Big Twin in Phuket town.

Pick up a can of Torco Chain Lube. This stuff stays on no matter what!

It'll set you back 600B, but it's the best lube you'll find around here.

http://www.torcousa.com/products/productvi...04-e3c35be18387

The cans huge though, will probably last you longer than your bike.

BTW, this stuff is white... Might be the same product Neverdie was talking about?

The guys at our local Kwack shop put some other lube on while I wasn't looking during a service.

I didn't even realize until I got home and noticed my bike completely greased down...

Took me an hour to clean up...

Today while cleaning my bike I managed to drop it! I was working on the front tire....

The clutch lever broke. Drove to our Kwacker and within 15 min, I was out of there with a new lever installed.

It only cost 470B!

Awesome.

Can you imagine if I drove some assembled import? Call various bike shops and see If they have one for my specific model -probably not.

Need to import and wait a few weeks and then pay a fortune...

Kawasaki has started a new era of big bikes in Thailand.

Have a good xmas guys!

Edited by rooster80

BTW, this stuff is white... Might be the same product Neverdie was talking about?

Ohhhh YEAH, rooster, u legend. :)

I could be wrong but that stuff looks like the stuff I was talking about, although Im sure my can was a slightly different colour, but maybe im wrong.

Can somebody find out where that stuff is in Bangers.

How about a product with bee's wax in it? It's organic and smells nice plus it's also good to dress out your leather gear.

post-63954-1261492946_thumb.jpgpost-63954-1261492964_thumb.jpg

The tiny specks in the mix are just lint from rags I use to dress my leathers.

Ohhhh YEAH, rooster, u legend. :)

I could be wrong but that stuff looks like the stuff I was talking about, although Im sure my can was a slightly different colour, but maybe im wrong.

Can somebody find out where that stuff is in Bangers.

Yeah thanks.. I will be on for a can tomorrow.

Puig screen in clear... clear is new this year, along with half black/half smoke and black.

post-20814-1261528256_thumb.jpg

post-20814-1261528295_thumb.jpg

Great Screen - i think it fits the bike really well

where can you get them from and whats the cost.

do you know anyone selling a re fender that covers the back wheel, so all the crap does not spray up to the underside of the seat?

Merry Christmas

Kev

^rear tyre hugger?

yep - but one that covers most of the rear tyre. i am tired of cleaning the bike - going for a quick spin and then then the back and the bike looking like it has never been washed :)

Have never seen a large one, would be nice to have really.

The screen is a Puig clear screen, got it from CM Kawa dealer for 6,500 baht. Internet price is about 1000 Baht less.

^rear tyre hugger?

yep - but one that covers most of the rear tyre. i am tired of cleaning the bike - going for a quick spin and then then the back and the bike looking like it has never been washed :)

Have never seen a large one, would be nice to have really.

The screen is a Puig clear screen, got it from CM Kawa dealer for 6,500 baht. Internet price is about 1000 Baht less.

Thanks for the info - can you put up a picture of how it bolts on

Cheers Keivn

Just got my bike from Phuket a nice little Christmas Present to my self after waiting around fro my landlord to get back of holiday so i could get a letter residence from immigration in Krabi. When i went to the show room in Phuket and showed them this they told me it was no good and that i needed a letter form Phuklet Immigration as i was buying the bike there. When i get to Phuket immigration they tell me thay can not give me a letter as i do not live in Phuket. I was lucky to have a thai friend with me who in Phuket and after a bit of talking with the officials and a 500 baht bribe i manged to get the letter. I was just wounding if any of you have had similar experiences when buying your bikes.

I have just got receipts from the shop for the bike and first class insurance. When will i get the green book do i have to wait for the white plates before i get this and do i need a tax disc or do the red plates cover this and do you normal get a insurance policy sent to you.

Tony I will be in touch soon for the sliders.

^rear tyre hugger?

Have you seen the Ermax hugger? It extends a fair way further than the stock hugger. Posted these pictures in the Ninja 650R thread:

122009Ninja650BobSm.jpg

Ninja650RCFRSPlates1.jpg

Available at K-Speed and Ueno in Bangkok. I think PK Thonglor might have it as well.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Just got my bike from Phuket a nice little Christmas Present to my self after waiting around fro my landlord to get back of holiday so i could get a letter residence from immigration in Krabi. When i went to the show room in Phuket and showed them this they told me it was no good and that i needed a letter form Phuklet Immigration as i was buying the bike there. When i get to Phuket immigration they tell me thay can not give me a letter as i do not live in Phuket. I was lucky to have a thai friend with me who in Phuket and after a bit of talking with the officials and a 500 baht bribe i manged to get the letter. I was just wounding if any of you have had similar experiences when buying your bikes.

I have just got receipts from the shop for the bike and first class insurance. When will i get the green book do i have to wait for the white plates before i get this and do i need a tax disc or do the red plates cover this and do you normal get a insurance policy sent to you.

Merry Christmas Kev!

Congratulations on your new ride!

I'm off tomorrow to Nan and will be riding through the New Year.

Catch you when I return to Bangkok in 2010!

Happy New Year!

Tony

Merry Christmas Kev!

Congratulations on your new ride!

I'm off tomorrow to Nan and will be riding through the New Year.

Catch you when I return to Bangkok in 2010!

Happy New Year!

Tony

Happy riding Kev. Congrats.

Wow Tony yer bike just keeps on getting better and better.

Be safe and keep those good times rolling.

:)

^rear tyre hugger?

Have you seen the Ermax hugger? It extends a fair way further than the stock hugger. Posted these pictures in the Ninja 650R thread:

122009Ninja650BobSm.jpg

Ninja650RCFRSPlates1.jpg

Available at K-Speed and Ueno in Bangkok. I think PK Thonglor might have it as well.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Tony

thansk for the info and pictures

Kev

Wow Tony yer bike just keeps on getting better and better.

Be safe and keep those good times rolling.

:D

LOL- that's not my bike mate :) - I've still got the Arrow and Sport Bars- same as when we rode together at Bangsaen Bike Week.

Ride On!!!

Arh!!!!!!!!

All that carbon fibre confused me.

All the best for the new year.

• 3 weeks later...