Best Xmas Pub Meal In Bangkok

davidxl

Well I did a search for this subject and there was a thread from last year, but it mainly included xmas lunches in the higher end hotels. I'm after a excellent, but not too expensive, traditional UK style Xmas dinner in a pub/bar on the afternoon of the 25th in Bangkok, preferably on Sukhamwit side as I'm currently staying in Ding Daeng district near Fortune Mall. There's probably loads of places around, but I'm more familiar with the geography of Pats then BKK. Will be with my Thai GF so it is very important that it is a 'family friendly' place and preferably with no need for advance booking though this is not essential if I can telephone and book. Call me ''Mr Picky" if you like,but would also be nice if it did UK beer draft beer such as John Smiths. :o Thanks in advance

Well I did a search for this subject and there was a thread from last year, but it mainly included xmas lunches in the higher end hotels. I'm after a excellent, but not too expensive, traditional UK style Xmas dinner in a pub/bar on the afternoon of the 25th in Bangkok, preferably on Sukhamwit side as I'm currently staying in Ding Daeng district near Fortune Mall. There's probably loads of places around, but I'm more familiar with the geography of Pats then BKK. Will be with my Thai GF so it is very important that it is a 'family friendly' place and preferably with no need for advance booking though this is not essential if I can telephone and book. Call me ''Mr Picky" if you like,but would also be nice if it did UK beer draft beer such as John Smiths. :o Thanks in advance

You should probably look at some of the pubs then. Soi 8, Bulls Head or Robin Hood if you are looking for John Smiths, although I can't vouch for the Christmas Dinner.

The Crossbar will also be good, but they don't have JS on draft at the moment.

I noticed today that the Queen Victoria Pub on Sukhumvit Soi 23 is doing a Christmas dinner for 850Bt. The Black Swan (right near Sukhumvit MRT/Asoke BTS) is offering theirs at 1500Bt (and have John Smith's on tap). Soi 8 Pub on Sukhumvit Soi 8 (funnily enough) is doing their Christmas dinner for 450Bt (I wouldn't expect too much for that price) but do also have John Smith's on tap. (As do Finnegan's on Sukhumvit Soi 4). I would imagine most places are going to require bookings.

Edited by thecatman

I noticed today that the Queen Victoria Pub on Sukhumvit Soi 23 is doing a Christmas dinner for 850Bt. The Black Swan (right near Sukhumvit MRT/Asoke BTS) is offering theirs at 1500Bt (and have John Smith's on tap). Soi 8 Pub on Sukhumvit Soi 8 (funnily enough) is doing their Christmas dinner for 450Bt (I wouldn't expect too much for that price) but do also have John Smith's on tap. (As do Finnegan's on Sukhumvit Soi 4). I would imagine most places are going to require bookings.

just to clarify the soi 8, was in there last night and 450 baht is for xmas lunch including ham, turkey etc etc

just to clarify the soi 8, was in there last night and 450 baht is for xmas lunch including ham, turkey etc etc

I'm sure that the Soi 8 dinner will be good. I've never had any problems with the food in there.

Huntsman is another option, had Christmas dinner in there a few years back, it was okay, but a bit pricey for what is was. Not sure what their prices are at the moment, as haven't been in there for a long time.

Shit, I haven't been into Sukhumvit for about 12 days!! :o

thanks for all the replies, has been very helpful :o It's a Christmas lunch at around 2pm (just like at home :D ) I'm after and one that's not too heavy so have just emailed the Soi8 bar to find out if I need to book, it also generally looks a very pub