Toshiba Lift Maintenance

Our Condomiinum has 3 Toshiba Lifts, they are 22 years old, we have them serviced and maintained every month, however things like the up down switches have started to stop working. The contractor who services the lifts is quoting us over 60,000 bht to replace 9 push button switches, what we consider a ludicrous price, problem is our contract with the lift maintenance company says they will be the ones to replace/repair parts.

We area new committee, and have found that we can save a lot of money, and often get better service, by finding suppliers and getting quotes ourselves rather than going through the old channels. Our conclusion in this case is it's time to find a new contractor.

To that end would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations on lift maintenance companies.

You will first have to establish if you have to pay your present service contractor what it will cost you to get out of the contract, I suspect they will hold you to it or charge the earth to get out of it.

How long does the contract have to run? as it may be cheaper to wait till contract runs out, then sign up with another company and only sign for 1 year at a time.

Maybe include in new contract that you reserve the right to source parts for replacement etc.

You will first have to establish if you have to pay your present service contractor what it will cost you to get out of the contract, I suspect they will hold you to it or charge the earth to get out of it.

How long does the contract have to run? as it may be cheaper to wait till contract runs out, then sign up with another company and only sign for 1 year at a time.

Maybe include in new contract that you reserve the right to source parts for replacement etc.

Thank you for you comments the contract has been rolled over yearly and will expire in 2 months hence our quest for another contractor. I will suggest we attempt add your last point into future contracts, however I can understand that someone who is contracted to service machinery might well have reservations about the reliabilty of someone elses repairs/parts.