English Man Caught Up In Baht Bus Necklace Snatch Case.

kurgen

Necklace snatches are a common crime here in Pattaya, which is why we recommend everyone not to wear expensive jewelry in public, especially now as Pattaya and the rest of Thailand are gripped in an economic downturn which is forcing many to resort to a life of crime to survive.

Over the weekend, Mr. Geoffrey Stubbs aged 66 from England presented himself at Pattaya Police Station and claimed he had just become the victim of a necklace snatch which occurred on a Baht Bus.

Mr. Stubbs was travelling from the Royal Garden Plaza towards Central Pattaya on the Second Road when two men on a motorbike drove close to the Baht Bus and the passenger reached over and snatched a gold necklace worth around 200,000 Baht.

The two men then fled in the direction of Central Pattaya and were able to escape. Police recorded the incident and informed Mr. Stubbs that they will do their best to track down the stolen item for him.

Pattaya One News

post-7305-1229953574_thumb.jpg

Edited by kurgen

Pillion passenger on motor bike snatches necklace from guy sitting on baht bus???

If true this the most dumbest and disparate thing to do as the robber could have easily lost his hand on all the sharp metal...

Whilst not exactly a common occurence this kind of snatch theft occurs fairly often. These guys have become quite adept at it and the victim is trapped in the back of the baht bus while the perps make good their escape through the traffic.

Still, as Kurgen says, 200k Baht worth of gold is a fair piece to be wearing about town, any town not just Pattaya. I bet it went well with his designer vest. :o

Pillion passenger on motor bike snatches necklace from guy sitting on baht bus???

If true this the most dumbest and disparate thing to do as the robber could have easily lost his hand on all the sharp metal...

Give the guy a break, when I travel on Baht Bus I am always hanging my head out the little window showing my bling, sometimetimes I even fall out. LOL :o

surely someone of his wealth could afford to get a motorbike taxi or rent a bike instead of travelling with the riff raff.......maybe even a thai bodyguard to go with him everywhere which would impress the girls as much as having the 13bt chain around his neck. :o