Thailand Elite Card

toret

I'd like to know if this is as good as they say, or if it's just BS.

Are there any guarantees it will not be cancelled and the money lost?

Is it worth the price?

Etc.

why dont you search this site and see some of the past postings

on this subject and draw you own conculsion :o

Is it worth the price?

Etc.

on this subject and draw you own conculsion :o

If you do a search you get the last posting was in July so MAYBE just MAYBE the OP has already done a search and would like some up to date information that is relevant NOW. Just posting " do a search "is of no help or benefit to anybody. :D

Is it worth the price?

Etc.

on this subject and draw you own conculsion :D

If you do a search you get the last posting was in July so MAYBE just MAYBE the OP has already done a search and would like some up to date information that is relevant NOW. Just posting " do a search "is of no help or benefit to anybody. :D

point taken. and your post really adds to the OP's information bank on the subject. :o

Here is an update for the OP. If you are considering getting one of these cards - I would have to question how you came up with the funds in the first place to do so. Surely, it is 'old money' :D

Is it worth the price?

Etc.

A friend of mine who has had one for a couple years is happy enough with it--but he's very rich and doesn't think twice about the outlay--if you've got that much to waste then--why not?

However, with a new PM etc..maybe these things will be scrapped.

i doubt they'll scrap it, those people who buy the card are the ones politicians want.. not the average farang. Those are the guys who put millions and millions in their stock market and industries

you mean like Brad Pitt and those types of farangs?

i doubt they'll scrap it, those people who buy the card are the ones politicians want.. not the average farang. Those are the guys who put millions and millions in their stock market and industries

I'd take a punt, and say that they tend to invest in the stock market in other countries.

I know a guy that has one strictly for the visa, fast track and limousine privileges. He is one of the few that bought early and "only" has to pay one million baht with out any additional monthly service fee. As the years went on the benefits declined as the price of the card ramped up. The tie-in with Thai Airways disappeared, free daily massages dried up and golf courses bailed out of the program. Typical Thai world economics we see everyday here.

I think the worse/best thing that can happen to him is that the program finally disappears and he get his original investment returned. I beleive strictly for PR purposes Thailand will reluctantly refund the money. If they don't have to they would not.

For the past two years I have had what is called a Thai Longstay Card that gives me fast track in and out for international flights. I do this because I come and go often and hate lines. I may or may not renew it next year because there are no lines anymore thanks to the global economic downturn and Thailand now able to use a machine gun to continually shoot themselves in the foot rather than an old six shooter.

I pay Bt12,000 up from Bt6,000 from the year before. Expensive? Yes, but far less than Bt1.5 million plus the monthly "service" fee. I suspect if they were trying to sell this Elite Card thing to retirees in Florida, USA everyone involved would be indited and thrown in jail for fraud. However, This Is Thailand.

Since the Thai Longstay Card in co-sponsored by the government I guess I can list the website on TV: http://www.thailongstay.co.th/home.php

Unless you have a ton of "old money" you do not care about, I would resist the temptation to be one of the few that can say that they have a Thai Elite Card. I suppose that due to the economic downturn many of these Elite are wondering what the heck they were thinking back when they plopped down the cash.

Oh you mean US? :o

Oh you mean US? :o

can't remember which celebrity (s) it was that got "free" Elite Cards.

• 4 weeks later...
Here is an update for the OP. If you are considering getting one of these cards - I would have to question how you came up with the funds in the first place to do so. Surely, it is 'old money' :D

Sure they are old. Millions of years old. They come from a product commonly referred to as "Oil". After all, I am a norwegian :o

And yes, as one of you put it, I would like an update. Although there is now a major thread on the subject, I would not mind some input from those of you with an opinion based on facts.

Thanks a lot GrantBKK, finally a bit of useful information. And thanks for the link, I might actually look into this program.

How does the "Free communication services to Thai bureaucrat organizations" work? Are we talking toll-free phone numbers or what?