A Request For Sentence Translation

toshbh

David, you missed the one about the NA Indians being like exiles in their own country.

Which incidentally is not true although some might, where they are living now in most cases is many hundreds of miles from their country.

What does ซะเลย mean?

Thanks Yoot

Sorry, the omission was unintentional:

ชาวอินเดียนแดงในอเมริกาต้องมีชีวิตเหมือนถูกเนรเทศในดินแดนของตัวเอง

"American Indians live lives (of quiet desperation), as if they were exiles in their own country."

How about that?

David, you missed the one about the NA Indians being like exiles in their own country.

Which incidentally is not true although some might, where they are living now in most cases is many hundreds of miles from their country.

What does ซะเลย mean?

Thanks Yoot

"American Indians live lives (of quiet desperation), as if they were exiles in their own country."

How about that?

Wonderful, you don't dispute the veracity of my denial then? Seriously ซะ is not in my dictionary.

What does ซะเลย mean?

Thanks Yoot

How about that?

Wonderful, you don't dispute the veracity of my denial then? Seriously ซะ is not in my dictionary.

1. If one assumes that the decedents of those who emigrated to the Western hemisphere via the Bering Sea land bridge once occupied the entire Western hemisphere, then "their country" is very broad indeed. I commend to you "Wilderness Empire, A Narrative", Allen W. Eckert, Little, Brown and Company, 1969.

2. I believe that "ซะเลย" is a contraction or diminutive of "เสียเลย". Any confirmations?

What does ซะเลย mean?

Thanks Yoot

How about that?

1. If one assumes that the decedents of those who emigrated to the Western hemisphere via the Bering Sea land bridge once occupied the entire Western hemisphere, then "their country" is very broad indeed. I commend to you "Wilderness Empire, A Narrative", Allen W. Eckert, Little, Brown and Company, 1969.

2. I believe that "ซะเลย" is a contraction or diminutive of "เสียเลย". Any confirmations?

1. I suppose I must be I hadn't thought of that angle, having got as far as the East coast they were only returning from whence they came when they were forced West; not so bad after all. wish I hadn't started it now.

Ok so it is spoken language.