Cycling / Mountain Biking In Thailand ?

Lawnmower

Does anyone know of any companies, people or agencies that operate short mountain biking or cycling packages out here in Thailand ? Thanks for any help.

Do a search on Google and you'll find many links. Top of the results was this one http://www.mekong-travel.com/cycle/thailand.htm but for anyone already in Thailand I reckon it is way overpriced. Also, I reckon distances are far too low and the itinerary too restrictive, but then again I used to be a competitive cyclist in the UK. Basically, this one is just a sightseeing tour on two wheels.

I think it would be far better just to buy yourself a decent bike and plan the trip yourself. I wouldn't have any concerns about finding places to stay or breakdown problems. Of course, you should carry adequate spares. The only problems I can envisage are the heat and dogs. Other than that, I'm sure you would have a great time.

Edited by brianbrain

If you do a google search you'll find a couple but as Brianbrain said its better to do it yourself. I've done a couple of 12 day tours in Thailand and could not invision using a tour organizer again. Thailand is just to easy not to do it on your own.

I found the dogs to be highly overated, I was chased a few times but just short distances and the dogs backed down pretty quick when challanged. And the heat, its hot but after a couple of days you quickly get used to it. Now the sun is a different matter, either wear long sleave or use a lot of sun block and reapply every couple hours or your arms will look like mine.

Good luck, cycling in Thailand is a fantastic experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...