Singapore Hotels

expatgaz

You/ll be pushed to find anything on Orchard for that price.............

Have a look at The Allson Hotel on Victoria st or City Bayview Both are 2 stops on the MRT away from Orchard station, or you can just walk it (approx 5 mins from Bayview and maybe 10 mins from Allson) to South end of Orchard.

Stayed in both, the Allson has the better buffet breakfast included.

Another one even slighly closer would be the Rendezvous Hotel (on Bras Basah?).........good bar attached to this one with happy hour till 9pm.

Check Asiarooms.com for prices

Have fun.

Edited by thaiflyer1

Try latestays.com. Nicely laid our site that lets you see exactly how much the room will be for any of the days you may want to stay, up to 28 days in advance. Unlike many of the other sites that state From U$ xxxx", then after inputting your dates you find it is actually double U$x. Prices are (supposedly) last minute rates. I've used them and never had any problems. They've plenty of choices for sub-200 Sing.

Alternatively, one time I arrived in Sing with no prior booking and found the hotel counter at the airport to be excellent. Again, prices and availability listed for each day so very user-friendly. Having expected to be ripped off, the prices seemed very reasonable there too, the same or below what I had seen on the Internet.

I've stayed at the Orchard Hotel on a visa run about 4 years ago. Rooms are small but quite comfortable. I booked on priceline and got an exceptionally low rate, but breakfast was not included.