False Advertising?

Sir Burr

How often do you hear a Thai say "Farangs" ?

Yeah you were ripped off but I think it would be a bit harsh to call it false advertising.

I understood from the OP this ocurred at Friendship Beach (whoops, cat out of the bag!), which is very western.

Your argument would apply at a Thai restaurant, I don't think so at a Farang restaurant.

But we all know there is no such thing as Farang restaurant in Thailand.........

and what planet did you roll in from to get to that conclusion?

M&M Pizzaria-Maggie and Mario are Italians

Karon Cafe, Margaritaville-owner from the U.S.

Baan Rim Pa Group-Joes, Baan Rim Pa, Hung Fats-owner Farang

9th Floor

restaurant at Tropica Resort -owner is from Austria been here 30 years

Sorry chief, but you are out-and-out wrong with that staement as I could go on and on

Bit of a shock if the place was FB as we were there Monday night with friends and one had the B&M with 2 snags a huge dolop of mash with gravy that looked good to me. Mind you Charlie the chef was on duty but generally I find the food good whether he is there or not.

Bit of a shock if the place was FB as we were there Monday night with friends and one had the B&M with 2 snags a huge dolop of mash with gravy that looked good to me. Mind you Charlie the chef was on duty but generally I find the food good whether he is there or not.

.......maybe it's the soap I use?

.......maybe it's the soap I use?

HA ! So it was FB.

SB, you must have gotten it on Charlie's night off as he usually does a pretty good job. Although being American, I think Bangers and Mash in our culture is either a dance or a sex position...........

Yeah you were ripped off but I think it would be a bit harsh to call it false advertising.

I understood from the OP this ocurred at Friendship Beach (whoops, cat out of the bag!), which is very western.

Your argument would apply at a Thai restaurant, I don't think so at a Farang restaurant.

But we all know there is no such thing as Farang restaurant in Thailand.........

9th Floor

Sorry chief, but you are out-and-out wrong with that staement as I could go on and on

Im from a planet that knows the difference between a farang restaurant and a Thai one. Unlike yourself.

Its simple, a restaurant in Thailand, situated on Thai soil is a Thai restaurant. To add to this 51% of the restaurant will be owned by a Thai, otherwise it would be illegal. That makes it a Thai restaurant on Thai soil with majority Thai ownership, so tell me how it can be classed as a Farang restaurant ?

Sorry huggy buddy but you wont win this one im afraid. So, because im a nice person heres what I will do for you. I will close this discussion by agreeing that your 49% right, but 51% wrong. Then we can get back on topic. Cant say any fairer than that, what do you say ? :o

9th Floor

Im from a planet that knows the difference between a farang restaurant and a Thai one. Unlike yourself.

Its simple, a restaurant in Thailand, situated on Thai soil is a Thai restaurant. To add to this 51% of the restaurant will be owned by a Thai, otherwise it would be illegal. That makes it a Thai restaurant on Thai soil with majority Thai ownership, so tell me how it can be classed as a Farang restaurant ?

Sorry huggy buddy but you wont win this one im afraid. So, because im a nice person heres what I will do for you. I will close this discussion by agreeing that your 49% right, but 51% wrong. Then we can get back on topic. Cant say any fairer than that, what do you say ? :D

How very strange. So would you say that an Indian restaurant in the UK is in fact not an Indian but a English restaurant? What a fool I have been all these years. Next time I want an Indian meal I must say " I am just off to get a Indian meal at the English restaurant" :D:o

Syl

Four of us went to FB a while ago and paid the normal (expensive) bill quite happily.

A couple of days later we went back, only to be told (at the end of the meal!) they had undercharged us previously, and were adding it on to our bill!!

What the hel_l could we say? We couldn't argue - they might or might not be right. How did they recognise us? We certainly weren't loud or obnoxious in any way!

We just never went back.

Sorry huggy buddy but you wont win this one im afraid.

Says you?

A restaurant is described by which country's cuisine it serves. Italian restaurant = Italian food, Indian restaurant = Indian food.

Nothing to do with it's location, or ownership. Thought that was self-evident.

Edited by Sir Burr

Says you?

A restaurant is described by which country's cuisine it serves. Italian restaurant = Italian food, Indian restaurant = Indian food.

Ah ! I see, so a restaurant is described by a countries cuisine. Silly me, I should have known that.

So from which country does the term "farang food" come from ?.... You got it, Thailand ! A restaurant that sells farang food is a Thai restaurant !

I rest my case your honor ! :o

Says you?

Ah ! I see, so a restaurant is described by a countries cuisine. Silly me, I should have known that.

So from which country does the term "farang food" come from ?.... You got it, Thailand ! A restaurant that sells farang food is a Thai restaurant !

I rest my case your honor ! :o

The only "case" you would win here is on semantics.

Of course because the restaurant is in Thailand, you could say all the restaurants in Thailand are Thai but boy wouldn't it be a confusing world (Taxin's world) if every restaurant in the UK was called British, every restaurant in France called a French restaurant, etc.

Your point is made Taxin, but it's not how most people see things.