Guitar Shop That Buy/sells Guitar

Steele404

I don't know of any shops apart from the obvious pawn places.

What sort of guitar are you selling?

Music Man Electric Guitar - '94 Albert Lee (Pinkburst color)

bought it a while back in 01' ... barely used

how much are you asking for it?

I bought it for 40,500 Baht back then.... wanting to sell it for 23,000 baht and will throw in a (Korg Pandora: Guitar Multi-Effect Processor PX3).

so... Guitar case, the guitar itself, Pandora PX-3, Washburn strap, Manuals & reciept.... all for 23,000 baht

why, are u interested?

I don't know of any shops apart from the obvious pawn places.

What sort of guitar are you selling?

Music Man Electric Guitar - '94 Albert Lee (Pinkburst color)

bought it a while back in 01' ... barely used

how much are you asking for it?

I bought it for 40,500 Baht back then.... wanting to sell it for 23,000 baht and will throw in a (Korg Pandora: Guitar Multi-Effect Processor PX3).

so... Guitar case, the guitar itself, Pandora PX-3, Washburn strap, Manuals & reciept.... all for 23,000 baht

why, are u interested?

Any pictures of the guitar??

I'm selling my electric guitar, anyone know a decent shop in Bangkok that buys second used guitars?

Fortune Town has a basement music shop that has lots of used equipment. I forget the name as I'm currently not in town and don't have their business card. They did a good job fixing my acoustic bass pickup and some there speak decent english. I bet they buy used equipment as well.

If you check them out please let me know how it went.

I'm selling my electric guitar, anyone know a decent shop in Bangkok that buys second used guitars?

Fortune Town has a basement music shop that has lots of used equipment. I forget the name as I'm currently not in town and don't have their business card. They did a good job fixing my acoustic bass pickup and some there speak decent english. I bet they buy used equipment as well.

If you check them out please let me know how it went.

I've seen guitars in this shop that they are selling for people (though many have been hanging there for ages). They may buy yours off you though for the right price.

Couple of classics there. What year is the strat, around 73?

The Strat is a '74, 3-bolt neck, and the Les Paul is a '74, Norlin pancake body. '74 happens to be the year I was born. I bought them years ago when the '70's guitars weren't considered 'vintage', but were the ones no one wanted because of their poor construction. :o

• 2 weeks later...
Hi , I'm intersted in the guitar. kindly contact me @ [email protected] or [email protected]

i also buy used guitars as i run a music shop in MALAYSIA. you guys can send me the list of stuffs you wanna sell to my email. Malaysia's next to thai, i can arrange a pickup , or maybe courier over.

cheers!

Hi. I don't know which guitar you are talking about. I think the original poster already sold his. Mine are not for sale (money comes and go but it hard to find a really good guitar). Thanks.

The Strat is a '74, 3-bolt neck, and the Les Paul is a '74, Norlin pancake body. '74 happens to be the year I was born. I bought them years ago when the '70's guitars weren't considered 'vintage', but were the ones no one wanted because of their poor construction. :D

Thought so. 73-74 were good years, in general for strats despite the 3-bolt. But for LPs, not. Still the aged wood counts for a lot :o

The Strat is a '74, 3-bolt neck, and the Les Paul is a '74, Norlin pancake body. '74 happens to be the year I was born. I bought them years ago when the '70's guitars weren't considered 'vintage', but were the ones no one wanted because of their poor construction. :D

Thought so. 73-74 were good years, in general for strats despite the 3-bolt. But for LPs, not. Still the aged wood counts for a lot :o

'73-74 was not a bright shining moment for either Gibson or Fender. The 3-bolt-you-can-adjust-the-neck-angle-with-a-screw is a nice concept, and cool in theory. Fender just could never get the tolerances right. Still a gaping space between the neck and the body near the upper horn. Legitimately aged wood has its charm. Of course the big selling point was that they were made the same year I was born. I would have been screwed (or extremely wealthy if I had bought it earlier) if I had been born in 1959.

I have not been thier yet but i saw an expose on the news about a large consentration of music and guitar stores at klongtom. Cant say which soi but from what i saw on the news it looks like the only place to go. It went on about how you could find," hard to find or collector pieces" thier. Showed how expensive some of the guitars were ect. ect. Been planning to go check it out to see how much i could sell my paul reed smith for but its just along way from Bangkapi.

'73-74 was not a bright shining moment for either Gibson or Fender. The 3-bolt-you-can-adjust-the-neck-angle-with-a-screw is a nice concept, and cool in theory. Fender just could never get the tolerances right. Still a gaping space between the neck and the body near the upper horn. Legitimately aged wood has its charm. Of course the big selling point was that they were made the same year I was born. I would have been screwed (or extremely wealthy if I had bought it earlier) if I had been born in 1959.

Gibson quality suffered much more in the 70s than Fender quality did, in my opinion. If it hadn't been for the 3-bolt change, those strats would be fine. 73 Teles, for example, are much sought after. Of course I prefer my '57 but I've played some great 72s and 73s.