The Economy Lunch

JohnBKKK

Hi all,

looking at the times of an exchange rate of 50.00 Baht to the Sterling instead of 75.00 and a general downturn in business with a major downturn in tourism, I have decided to come up with an "economy" lunch for a test period. I'm placing this as a seperate topic so more people will see it and hopefully take advantage of the offer.

FROM MONDAY THE 12TH OF JANUARY 2009

On week day's from 11:00 am until 15:00 pm the Eurogourmet is offering a full lunch for only 125.00 Baht + VAT + delivery on chefsxp or for only 120.00 baht at the Bistro

The menu will change every week with a different dish on offer

week 1 - Meatloaf with Gravy, Mash and Peas

week 2- Chicken Ragout with Rice

week 3- Meatballs in Toamato sauce with Pasta

week 4- stuffed (pork) green Bell Pepper with gravy and rice

the dishes will have this "comfort or home cooked" quality and be substantial and I hope will be our small part in assisting the economy - if enough people take advantage of the offer we will be able to sustain it for a log period of time,

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

Good idea John!

In many places you don't get even a soup for that amount of money.

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

I think so, but it will only be sustainable if we get enough orders - a wholesome European meal at this price should be difficult to refuse - of course there is no red wine & port sauce or wild boar or high priced beef involved, but good food as "Mum" used to cook .. well, if she could cook :o everything is of prime quality though - made a test batch of meatloaf for the costing yesterday and had it for dinner ... today more of it cold, on a sandwich .. its as far as meatloaf is concerned great, being made with prime pork, fresh herbs and good. free-range eggs .. am looking forward to the Ragout the week after ... allway's love chicken ragout .. will be using capers of course for the right flavor, even though they are a bit pricy..

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

Your taking back prices to the Derby King Days John ! BB

Hi Bill,

I simply expect the economic downturn to hit hard and try to offer a healthy alternative to the fast food joints although, considering the "huge" response this thread has received there may not be enough interest to keep this on the menu for long.

When you had those prices at the Derby King, Pork was 50+ Baht a KG, now its 100.00 and the same for all other ingredients, so calculation is at a minimum and I will only be able to keep it on if the orders are pooring in.

The offer will be on chefsxp by the end of this week I hope and we will see what response we will have - I will start it at the Bistro also from Thursday,

John

chefsxp needs more time than expected to initiate the menu change

Edited by JohnBKKK

• 3 weeks later...
Good luck with that BJ.

Kinda funny isn't it though when I remember only a month or so ago you said, and I quote "I've given up catering to the penniless"

Yes, I must admit I was quite looking forward to enjoying a lukewarm chang, chips and curry sauce at Big John's.

To be relished along with the inimitable speedy service and witty banter that have become a trademark of this establishment.

But repriced at 3,000 baht a throw, so I wouldn't have to rub shoulders with the usual ruffians. :o

Why the 180 following your previous volte face, John?

And does that all add up to a 360 degree 'turn'? :D

Edited by Cyrille

I'm somewhat wondering about the last two entrances - I'm not Big John who runs a place in a side street of Thong Law - this is The Eurogourmet Bistro in Ekamai 23 and we don't serve luke warm Beer or soggy chips and last time I looked - yesterday- there were no real ruffians anywhere in sight

Edited by JohnBKKK