Where To Find The 10 Baht Water?

hannabee

Hello, I am new to this forum and forums in general so please forgive me if this is a repeated subject. I tried searching and couldn't find an answer to my dilemma.

I am wondering where to purchase the big plastic containers of water, which you can refill for 10 baht. Does anyone know of any places near the Holiday Inn? These 35 baht containers from 7-11 are really putting a cramp in my wallet.

Thanks!

Hello, I am new to this forum and forums in general so please forgive me if this is a repeated subject. I tried searching and couldn't find an answer to my dilemma.

I am wondering where to purchase the big plastic containers of water, which you can refill for 10 baht. Does anyone know of any places near the Holiday Inn? These 35 baht containers from 7-11 are really putting a cramp in my wallet.

Thanks!

7-11 or any small shop should sell the 6L bottle. Go to any water purification dispenser (usually light blue/ white in color and near most hotels). Can fill 6L for 5 baht. Not familiar with the Holiday Inn area. Ask around if you can't find one.

Not sure if you're just visiting or staying here longer time, but what most people do who live here is get drinking water delivered from one of the filter companies, like Dew Drop adn the like. They just show up, take empty bottles (any size, be it a huge one or trays of 1L bottles (plastic or glass), and replace them with full ones. Cheap and easy.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Assuming you have a car or at least a motorbike with a sidecar to carry a full one, there is a store on the other side of Mahidol Road. Right out of Holiday Inn or Riverside, straight on under the highway, turn left at Mae Ping Police Station (800m), pass UFO Bowling (5 games 100 baht - anyone want to come over for a session?) and it's the next shop (a shack, really) on the right (about 300m). Anyway, buy a full one for 15 baht and leave 100 deposit on the bottle and there you go. There's bound to be somewhere closer (Nong Hoi Market?) but the above is only about 5 minutes away. You can then fill it from any filter machine with a hose for 10bht.

If you don't have transport, or a tipping device to pour with then forget it - they're just to heavy to lug about when full.

hannabee.

follow brycats advice

buy two 5 litre botles from 7 11 or tesco

you will find one of these machines about every 500 / 750 yards in chiang mai.

put 5 baht in the slot ........ easily carried home .... problem solved.

dave2

ps ... newly installed machines sell water at 50 satang a litre for ??? months so its bargain time : ) .... watch out for them !

please forgive me

my dilemma.

I am wondering where to purchase the big plastic containers of water, which you can refill for 10 baht. Does anyone know of any places ?

Thanks!

Kevin!!!

Someone wants to talk to you.

Edited by adjan jb

Agree with the options suggested already. If you're set on using the 20-litre bottles, ask your neighbours (or get a Thai-speaker to ask, if necessary) where they get theirs. I use them, but I collect re-fills from a place near me in San Phi Sua - 10 baht each. I echo the point about needing the swing stand for them to pour when they're anything like full - I use a funnel to decant into an empty 5-litre bottle left over from the time when I was paying the same prices the you are now. C-razy........... :o

Not sure if you're just visiting or staying here longer time, but what most people do who live here is get drinking water delivered from one of the filter companies, like Dew Drop adn the like. They just show up, take empty bottles (any size, be it a huge one or trays of 1L bottles (plastic or glass), and replace them with full ones. Cheap and easy.

how much is that? thanks

how much is that? thanks

I pay 26 B. for a tray (20 bottles) and around 15 B for a big bottle (20 litres?)