How Do I Get A Thai Police Clearance

kaz49

I have applied for a  government position in Australia and they require a Thai Police Clearance.  Have been here two years, in and out of the country mostly travelling in Asia, havent worked, legally or illegally. Could you please advise the process to obtain one? Could someone please advise of website address, cost?

cheers

Have a look at the Royal Thai Police website. Tells you all you need to know/do:

http://pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eservice.php (you'll need the foreign applicant section)

Then click on >Location tab to get directions to their headquarters.

I needed a clearance certificate back in 2006 and the process was much the same then. The Thai police were very efficient and spoke excellent English. I had the option of having the cert mailed to me but opted to collect it, just to be safe. :o Also, my work permit had expired by that time and I was on a tourist visa but they processed my application for the clearance cert just the same. It didn't cost me anything at that time but if you're feeling generous, take some food with you - it always "oils the wheels" of Thai administration and is a nice gesture.

HTH

:D

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

As far as I remember, it costs nothing. All you have to do is to goto Police HQ. I was in BKK and I moved to get another job in another ASEAN country, so I went to police HQ, in front of Siam Paragon/Central World. They speak reasonable English.

However, the police certificate is country specific, i.e. they ask you which country you are intending to go.

It was ready after few days, which I collected later on my visit to Thailand. :o

Very efficient, no BF, thumbs up to BIB :D

Thankyou for info. Went their today. 

No cost, the officer said it would take 14 days, I asked him if they could process earlier and I would collect it ,not a problem. 

Photocopies,  5baht each from the little shop behind their office. Front page of passport, visa page, and departure card required.

When you fill out the form they give you, you must sign/certify photocopies individually.

They did not require any other docs such as proof of residence. (Note: I just need the certificate only, not for WP)

Photo required and they have a special room and tripod set up for this with the delightful (and flirty) "Police Senior Sargeant Major" to attend. You can smile for the photo!

Fingerprint process was a bit messy, much laughter and sanook! Then to the little bathroom where everyone piles in to scrub the ink off their hands, again much laughter and sanook!!!!

Back to information desk, where all paperwork is carefully checked and pinned together, and then directed to another desk to speak with the "Commander, Police Senior Major". He checked through paperwork again and gave me a "PCCS Customer Service Feedback Form" to fill out.  Of course I ticked everything as excellent! (Wonder if the same form will be handed out at Immigration Department?)

Brought some little snacks at the cafeteria onsite to give the staff. 

On the sign in english at the front it says "do not close for lunch".

The enquiry number to call is 0 2205 2168-9 

Ummmmm, wonder if the Commander can get me a job there!