New Laptop ~25-30k Baht

BFD

Hey folks, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with what I can expect for the 25-30k range.

Basically just looking for the best value for the cash. Gaming is not a huge priority for this machine, just really want something reliable.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BFD!

best value for cash huh? Well don't go with compaq or hp never have been to reliable. With a brand you know like acer, but you should at least be looking at the specifications though. Are you running windows xp,

at a minimum get 1 GB of ram, avoid any SSD Hard Drives for now until they become cheaper. Do you plan on storing lots of photos, music if so make sure you have a lot more than just 20GB of Hard Drive. Screen size plays a part in it to. For a laptop look for one that has a good battery life. If you got extra money get a wireless mouse.

also bought an acer for 21000 baht at power buy, central few months ago.. very good and nice design as well!

the only prob is the quite small 14.1 " sreen and that the screen is brilliant/shiny/mirroring..! never would buy laptop with a screen like this again!(even inside my house it is sometimes absolutely annoying.. / forget about working outside!) the rest is very good!

good luck

flip

I brought an acer aspire 4390G 1 month ago ,320 gig hd,

2gig mem, (free 1gig upgrade)

fingerprint gadget,

nvidia graphics card

3 year warranty,

changed the os from vista to xp

a nice machine for 26,800 baht, plus also got free soft case and a carry case ,mouse ,head phones cleaning kit,and a clear silicon pad that fits over the key board,

All from Zeer rangsit

colino

I have just received an acer aspire one which I purchased of ebay. 120GB of HD, 1GB Memory. Cost was US$388 plus US$89 express delivery. Thai customs, VAT 7% = 1070 baht. No import duty. Not sure what the price of this model computer is locally.

Compaq CQ45 215TX core duo 1.66 with 3GB Ram 250HDD, webcam, HDMI, eSata DVD Multi, 3 USB, 5in1 card reader, SCSI Slot, wireless, bluetooth, Nvidia graphicsall the usual bells and whistles, nice and light with a good long life batt 14.1 screen. Apart from the fingerprint issue its working well, I bargained down to 23900 for the unit (no OS) and got the RAM for 800 @ Pantip. The Acers are too clunky for me, and ugly too.

Oz

7 Elevan in Roi Et had Promo poster on the door last night, Acer? didn't have a good look what spec remember 250GB memory with free bag 19,990.

Its news to me they even did electronics the poster had Catolog in big letters on it so maybe online shop? maybe worth a look just in case a 3 year warranty is in on the deal,as they have shops everywere maybe they use these for returns warrenty etc.

7 Elevan in Roi Et had Promo poster on the door last night, Acer? didn't have a good look what spec remember 250GB memory with free bag 19,990.

Its news to me they even did electronics the poster had Catolog in big letters on it so maybe online shop? maybe worth a look just in case a 3 year warranty is in on the deal,as they have shops everywere maybe they use these for returns warrenty etc.

Acer 4630z 2mb ram for 19,900 still can't get on there web site though 7catolog.com.

Make sure your main criteria are fulfilled. Eg. what you will mostly use it for.

Keyboard, mouse and screen.

This is what you use each and every time you are in front of the laptop.

A reflective screen will annoy the <censored> out of you.

A flimsy keyboard with rattling keys will annoy you and keep the missus up at night.

A mouse (touchpad) that is unresponsive or have hard to click buttons will put you off big time.

TEST TEST TEST at the shops. The display units are there for a reason.

In my own personal opinion the best deals right now are the IBM/Lenovo offerings. Have a look at the Thinkpad X61.

Personal shopping help (within Bangkok) available for a small fee. PM me.