Banglamung Cable Tv

McGinty

Does anybody know what's happened to Banglamung Cable TV? All the English programmes have gone! I've been trying since yesterday to contact them by 'phone, but it's constantly engaged.

Back on now BBC ch44 BTV English 58 + others

Does anybody know what's happened to Banglamung Cable TV? All the English programmes have gone! I've been trying since yesterday to contact them by 'phone, but it's constantly engaged.

Back on now BBC ch44 BTV English 58 + others

Bloomberg is now on channel 58 - the station that shows the Pattaya news ( before channel 10) is now on channel 52 - have not been able to find Fox news - previously on channel 28

Came home yesterday evening and the display of the alarmclock was flickering, meaning that there was a powercut.

Since 'm living almost accross BTV on Naklua Road, there might be a larger powercut than just my building, so maybe they had to reset their channels.

A lot of channels showed: "No video".

Luckily BTV (dutch-belgian) was still on, oh and the internet connection was as slow as never before (also BTV)

Came home yesterday evening and the display of the alarmclock was flickering, meaning that there was a powercut.

Since 'm living almost accross BTV on Naklua Road, there might be a larger powercut than just my building, so maybe they had to reset their channels.

Luckily BTV (dutch-belgian) was still on, oh and the internet connection was as slow as never before (also BTV)

I don't know where the BTV signal comes from; but there was an audible explosion (transformer, I assume) near my house at the east end of Nernplubwarn. Our power went out for a little over 2 hours. When it came back on, my F1 receiver (for my TrueVisions satellite reception) couldn't receive the signal. It had power, but no signal coming through. I took to the SAMART shopt today for a check and repair.

Based upon that, I'm assuming that the explosion caused a significant surge, which may have blown out several things, including some BTV equipment.

Can anybody explain to my how these people can rush to get the latest in high end electronic equipment into Thai stores; but still can't consistently provide a safe, reliable feed of basic electricity?!! :o

slightly off topic but please bear with me.

FA Cup will be shown on ESPN Star this weekend, does the local cable operator have these or do I need to find a bar that has UBC?

Thanks

I'll be watching in Ca Mau (Vietnam) where the local cable operator uses 'True' complete with Thai subtitles on several channels - so I assume Thai True TV will carry ESPN and Star Sport.

FA Cup will be shown on ESPN Star this weekend, does the local cable operator have these or do I need to find a bar that has UBC?

Thanks

What proof have you that they are showing the FA Cup?, look on the listings on Truevisions and they are not listed, it's no good looking on the StarESPN website as it does not apply to Thailand, since UBC grabbed the Premiership there is not much love lost between the two companies it's amazing that we still get the Champions league here, only hope that I can see is a last minute change of heart or some of the Thai stations grabbing a couple of the games but even then don't bank on English commentary, anyone heard any different please let us know.

Thanks

What proof have you that they are showing the FA Cup?, look on the listings on Truevisions and they are not listed, it's no good looking on the StarESPN website as it does not apply to Thailand, since UBC grabbed the Premiership there is not much love lost between the two companies it's amazing that we still get the Champions league here, only hope that I can see is a last minute change of heart or some of the Thai stations grabbing a couple of the games but even then don't bank on English commentary, anyone heard any different please let us know.

come to the football forum Gaz - some of the guys have been hard at work securing this weekend's games! :o

Thanks

I'll be watching in Ca Mau (Vietnam) where the local cable operator uses 'True' complete with Thai subtitles on several channels - so I assume Thai True TV will carry ESPN and Star Sport.

0330 in the morning and I'm watching Derby -v- Notts Forest. 0-0 at the moment.

I don't know where the BTV signal comes from; but there was an audible explosion (transformer, I assume) near my house at the east end of Nernplubwarn. Our power went out for a little over 2 hours. When it came back on, my F1 receiver (for my TrueVisions satellite reception) couldn't receive the signal. It had power, but no signal coming through. I took to the SAMART shopt today for a check and repair.

Based upon that, I'm assuming that the explosion caused a significant surge, which may have blown out several things, including some BTV equipment.

Can anybody explain to my how these people can rush to get the latest in high end electronic equipment into Thai stores; but still can't consistently provide a safe, reliable feed of basic electricity?!! :o

Have powercuts all over the world,sometimes for more than a week,you can allways buy your own generator.

Have powercuts all over the world,sometimes for more than a week,you can allways buy your own generator.

I don't know where you're from, TJAN. I'm American. I lived in the USA all of my life, with the exception of a year in Vietnam, and 15 months in Shanghai, until I moved here in 2006. During my 60+ years living in 7 different US States, coast to coast, I can count the number of unscheduled blackouts I had on my fingers. They were, in all but 2 cases, caused by tremendous storms. During my 15 months in Shanghai, we had only 1 such blackout; and it, too, was caused by a storm.

I've lived in Pattaya for 2 years and 9 months, and it's happened at least 4 times, for periods of more than an hour. I've lost count of the number of shorter outages; but it has averaged at least 2-3 times a month for outages lasting from 30 seconds to an hour. I doubt that this is normal service for most of the world. It is certainly a ridiculous extreme when compared to my country.