Anyone Have Photos Of Mom Tri's Boathouse?

camerata

I was there 2 days ago and the resort is trashed, Everything on the first floor was destroyed along with the bungalows and small restuarnts south of there at the end of the beach

kata thani next door seems to have only received minimal damage and garbage

The boat house is still there, but of course if you've enjoyed a meal there before you'll remember its proximity to the beach. It was hit bad inside but they are refitting right now. Sure Kata was hit, but, from what I've seen, it's recovering fast. It is not what I'd call trashed.

The boat house is still there, but of course if you've enjoyed a meal there before you'll remember its proximity to the beach. It was hit bad inside but they are refitting right now. Sure Kata was hit, but, from what I've seen, it's recovering fast. It is not what I'd call trashed.

That's good to hear. I stayed at the villas a couple of years ago and I must say that breakfast and dinner at the beach restaurant was memorable.

I guess everyone will be refitting as fast as possible to make the most of the remaining months of the tourist season.

I heard that all the Boathouse guests were evacuated to higher ground and none lost their lives. I don't know how they managed it though.

Edited by camerata

I've heard from someone who works at Mom Tri's Boathouse & Villas that the wine cellar washed away, rooms on the ground floor of the Boathouse damaged but nobody hurt. Eight people were killed on Kata Beach, but none were guests or staff at the BH, thankfully.

Whats really lucky is that much of karon beach was uneffected. Even the small bunglow type places near the water. Luckly there, that the beach sweeps up high and the road seperates many of the resorts from the sea.

Only the far southern end of kata was hit.

Whats really lucky is that much of karon beach was uneffected. Even the small bunglow type places near the water.  Luckly there, that the beach sweeps up high and the road seperates many of the resorts from the sea.

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing.